Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 01-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #1

Oh No Some people...

I find it funny when someone asks what happens if*enter stupid question* and then when others give examples of why you should or shouldnt the OP suddenly becomes a genius and knows everything about the subject matter. I say if you cant except help dont even ask. Just dont tell people who are far more qualified in the subject that they are wrong and you know what youre talking about when you asked what if *stupid question*. If you knew so much why would you need to ask is what I wonder, maybe someone likes to see their own name online and think theyre cool.
If you are one of those people do some research on the question youre going to ask and not even involve others in the *stupidty* or better yet except the help of others if you do so ask for help.
Its just not really fair to spread misinformation just to have your name come up in a conversation because in the end you just seem like a big dummy. Otherwise you breed ignorance and then the population who believe your crap will thus become stupid as well.
Please stop the dumbing down of society.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy2strokes View Post
I find it funny when someone asks what happens if*enter stupid question* and then when others give examples of why you should or shouldnt the OP suddenly becomes a genius and knows everything about the subject matter. I say if you cant except help dont even ask. Just dont tell people who are far more qualified in the subject that they are wrong and you know what youre talking about when you asked what if *stupid question*. If you knew so much why would you need to ask is what I wonder, maybe someone likes to see their own name online and think theyre cool.
If you are one of those people do some research on the question youre going to ask and not even involve others in the *stupidty* or better yet except the help of others if you do so ask for help.
Its just not really fair to spread misinformation just to have your name come up in a conversation because in the end you just seem like a big dummy. Otherwise you breed ignorance and then the population who believe your crap will thus become stupid as well.
Please stop the dumbing down of society.
examples, please
Old 01-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #3

I agree totally I know exactly what your talking about and there is one who is particularly good at those questions. Some people's children,right??

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing

Old 01-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #4

My complaint isnt against either of you two for sure.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #5

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglebunny View Post
examples, please
Hi
Imho thats not nessesary
We have a chance to make a new brand start why sully it by bringing up the past
Its better left forgotten
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

Old 01-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #6

Oh No

i realize, i dont offer a whole lot of tech answers, but i try, and when i do, i always try to 'member to say, 'check with the real mechs 1st, but this could be the answer' or something like that
Old 01-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #7

He is talking about someone special starting threads not answering them and not you snuggles just breath change is good...

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing
Old 01-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootnwinn View Post
He is talking about someone special starting threads not answering them and not you snuggles just breath change is good...

change is not always good
Old 01-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #9

Hi Uh oh...

Uh oh.... Oh my..it must be me...
Old 01-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglebunny View Post
change is not always good
Is this what all those bumper stickers meant?

Last edited by spandi; 01-24-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #11

I very much agree with the OP's sentiments. All too often, some people post authoritatively with "advice" that - upon scrutiny - turns out to be completely, utterly wrong... sometimes even dangerous. As if they enjoy seeing their thoughts/opinions out here, in public, or something. Or are just looking to entertain themselves by stirring some pot (trolling).

Such posts completely undermine the integrity and value of the information that forums like this can be so useful in providing.

My advice - if you aren't 100% sure about the info or advice you are about to post, then... DON'T POST IT (i.e. STFU)! You're screwin' it up for everybody, if you do. Please.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by moat View Post
I very much agree with the OP's sentiments. All too often, some people post authoritatively with "advice" that - upon scrutiny - turns out to be completely, utterly wrong... sometimes even dangerous. As if they enjoy seeing their thoughts/opinions out here, in public, or something. Or are just looking to entertain themselves by stirring some pot (trolling).

Such posts completely undermine the integrity and value of the information that forums like this can be so useful in providing.

My advice - if you aren't 100% sure about the info or advice you are about to post, then... DON'T POST IT (i.e. STFU)! You're screwin' it up for everybody, if you do. Please.

OOPS!! I might be a little guilty of some of that right out of the box.
(see tire tread life thread)

BUT!, I do know that of which I speak.

Kind of an odd way to test the water temperature so to speak, but hey, that's just me.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #13

the temperature of the water here is cold and falling from the sky...

anyways, if all of us were not 100% sure of something and didnt say it just because it MIGHT cause an issue then there would be no progress.... noone would give you an idea or help you come up with ideas of what a problem could be..
sorry but that IS where the wealth of knowledge we have here comes from... giving our POSSIBLE ideas of what it could be and people that asked the question testing the THEORY
Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #14

did you guys want an example " is water wet" ?

is that what you ment ?

John
Old 01-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvnacman View Post
did you guys want an example " is water wet" ?

is that what you ment ?

John

No, I meant testing the waters as in how will people here respond to the subject of car tires being used on the rear of scooters. (something I have been doing for quite a while; and the tire tread life subject I was referencing in posting #12 in this thread) And so far, it seems fine; not too hot, not too cold, but just right.

I like it here already. Though I did notice some get pretty worked up about the changes here. But all seems well (or at least better for the moment) after some things were explained and they are becoming more familiar and acclimated to the changed format. I'm new in this forum, but already familiar with the format as it is the same format as in another forum I frequent.

I will concede though that not all change is good.
I just try to make the best of the change I get.

Last edited by bandito2; 01-24-2013 at 06:55 PM.