Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 07-20-2017, 08:50 PM   #1

Hello from Somerset, California

Greetings, fellow scooterists.

I was a regular user of this board several years ago when my husband and I were living in Sacramento and were very active on our scooters. Well, life got in the way, the scooters broke down, and we stopped scooting for a long time. However, we are getting new scooters next month, and this place was always a great source of information and a nice way to talk to other scooterists about the joy of riding.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-22-2017, 08:05 PM   #2

Welcome back to riding! What kind of scooters did you get? I ride a Burgman 200 and my wife rides a Can Am Spyder. We look like the odd couple when we ride together! It's worse when Im riding the Adly RT50 and she's on the Spyder! Extreme opposites when riding sometimes!
Old 07-23-2017, 03:37 AM   #3

Welcome to SD!

Old 07-23-2017, 06:22 AM   #4

We are "cheap Chinese scooter" enthusiasts. He's getting a Tao Tao Quantum 150 & I'm getting an Eaglecraft Vintage. Both are 150s and will suit our needs here in the Sierra foothills. <3
Old 07-27-2017, 11:50 AM   #5

Ok, so we went to another scooter shop and found different scooters with a better warranty. He's getting a BMS Quantum in burgundy and black, and I'm getting a BMS Heritage in royal blue. So excited! We'll be getting them in about 2-3 weeks. I have been shopping for new helmets, too. My old scooters were pink, as were my helmet and jacket. I need to go with royal blue so my stuff matches. LOL.

Old 09-03-2017, 11:56 AM   #6

We got our scooters, finally! Hubby got a BMS Prestige, and I got an Eaglecraft Verano. We just bought them Friday afternoon & they were delivered to our home Friday night (we have a great scooter shop we use). Rode them yesterday for the first time. OMG, I had forgotten how awesome it is to ride! I have a lot to do around the house today, but I am still going to make time to go ride for an hour or two. Beep beep! heh heh heh Will post pics later today.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:55 PM   #7

Your excitement is coming through loud and clear. Reminds me of Christmas morning with my grand-daughters, a dozen or so years ago....or with my own daughters 4 decades ago. Anyway, it's nice to have things in life, that provide so much joy.

Wishing you and yours many, many miles of happy motoring.....be careful, and keep a sharp eye out for those inattentive drivers.