Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2017, 02:33 PM   #1

Sold my MC, going to look at a scoot in a bit!

Went from no bites to selling my Honda GL500I Silverwing today. Ended up taking less than I really wanted to , but wanted it gone as it just wasnt enjoyable for me to ride anymore. Between the heat bath from the engine and the top heavyness, I wasn't happy or safe. Scooters fit me better, espically with my autism issues I deal with daily. We are going to look at a 1985 Honda Elite 250 in about an hour. She is gold in color, has matching top case, windscreen(important for me!), 17K miles(no worries on a Honda), new tires and battery. Was rode all last season by adult with years of MC riding experience. Even has the factory optional Kenwood stereo(if it works/didn't ask). My last scooter was an '86 Helix, so I am very familiar with engine/cvt set up on these. My Helix was reliable as anything I have ever owned, even in sub zero temps when I without a cage to drive. So, if all goes well, I should be back on a scooter by this evening. Not sure if we are riding down 2 up on my wife's Magna, or taking her little Ranger pickup. Pics later if I can find a way around my photobucket issues. Mike

Login or Register to Remove Ads