Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 05-25-2015, 01:02 AM   #1

Doh! bent valve???

Hey y'all!! New to this site but not new to scooters.

After installing my 83cc bbk i went to start it and heard a knocking sound. I went and adjusted my valves but apparently i didnt do it correctly. 😞😞
While starting it the second time it turned over and then... *PING*
I figured i bent a rod. I took off the valve cover and rocker arms to reveal that the exhaust valve is decompressed and protruding!!! Im not sure if it is bent or if the keepers just popped off.
Also i cannot turn the crank at all after this. I know i am an idiot, i hear this all the time lol. If any of you can help tell me what i should do i would really appreciate it. I need this fixed asap!! My scooter is a 1p39qmb. 69mm valves 83cc bbk stock everything else! Help me please!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-25-2015, 09:04 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum!

Most likely you should consider pulling the head and checking it and the piston for damage. If only the head damaged, install the old head and see how it works from that.

If the keepers popped off, you will need to 'fish' them out of the engine with a magnet. Also you could hand rotate the crank while it is apart and check for damage to the crank and rod.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:09 AM   #3

Bent Valve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Most likely you should consider pulling the head and checking it and the piston for damage. If only the head damaged, install the old head and see how it works from that.

If the keepers popped off, you will need to 'fish' them out of the engine with a magnet. Also you could hand rotate the crank while it is apart and check for damage to the crank and rod.
Suggestion! I may be reading this wrong but if the valve is bent , I would suggest that you change the valve guide! Irish

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
bbk, valves