Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 10-02-2017, 02:31 PM   #1

Stumped (2006 Vento Phantom R4I 150cc GY6)

So this'll be a nice read

Recently, I was riding around when my exhaust pipe just snapped in half. I thought it might've been because it was just old and rusted, but later on that evening I noticed I was leaking oil a bit more steadily than I was before. I fill up my oil to continue my ride home only to have the engine give out on me. I'm fairly certain it just seized cause I was able to start it back up and drive, but then the same thing was happening. I assumed because of the oil leak, I might've damaged the cylinder/piston causing it to seize from overheating.

Sooo, I dive into this beast. My first task was fixing the oil leak. So I take off the flywheel, notice the magneto is pretty gunky (Replaced), take off the right side of the engine and replace the gasket...but the gasket wasn't that worn? I don't know man. I guess it's possible the leak was from elsewhere. I've also heard that running synthetic on these engines causes leaks cause it's much than regular oil? Not sure how true that might be.

Anyway, gaskets on. Replace magneto, replace flywheel... we back. I bought another cylinder and piston just for security but when I went to check that out, it seemed ok. No damage to either. Of course, I bought a new exhaust. So we were looking good here. I start it up and boom, we're in business. Took it for a ride and it was riding solid. I bring it back home and chill for a min before going back out. Still started up fine and rode fine...for just a few miles. Then it had the same problem (Seizing/stalling?) this time it won't start back up. Really confused now.

So I do a bit more reading about overheating and people recommended checking the valve lash. I double check mine and all seems well... still nothing. I'm wondering if I might've damaged the valves entirely? I mean, I checked them out and they seemed to open and close ok. I really can't think of anything else.

Any help is greatly appreciated u_u I just wanna get back on the rode. I've gotten a lot more informed about this scoot but i'm still fairly new to it all.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-05-2017, 10:56 AM   #2

if you are sure it's overheating ... a couple of things come to mind, spark advance which is controlled the CDI box and the fuel air mixture. What does the spark plug look like?
Old 12-16-2017, 05:49 PM   #3

Doh!

The OP stated that this was going to be a nice read! But alas, it was not as he left us hanging as to what was going on. I wonder why he even bothered coming on here to start a thread in the first place?
The OP also states his location as Jupiter. Don't laugh about this. There is a town in SE Florida North of West Palm Beach..and it is Jupiter. I call it "The Other Planet."

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
150cc, gy6, seizing, stalling, won't start