Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 06-23-2017, 07:58 PM   #16

Ok test are in. Wish I had videoed the runs.
1st change on rollers- 3x6g + 3x8g rollers total gave me 7g set...10,000 rpm max and saw 60 mph GPS.
2nd change on rollers- 3x9g + 3x11g rollers total gave me 10g set...8,000 rpm max and saw 58-59 mph GPS.
3rd change on rollers- 3x8g + 3x10g rollers total gave me 9g set.....9,000 rpm max and saw 58-59 mph GPS.
Very windy day here so speeds are off a lot. Gust upwards of 10-15 mph I think.
No gear change yet just trying the roller weight tune kit to figure what rollers to order. Hoca variator came with 12g set x6 but did not try them yet. I need a gram scale lol The Hoca gears are setting in the bottom of the tool box and have not been looked at yet. Did SSP-G buy Hoca out or the other way around? SSP-G is a German based company so quality should be good...I hope. The stock variator rollers had some bad ..and I mean bad flat spots all around them.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-01-2017, 05:40 PM   #17

First good day to ride for me. She purrs like a kitten. Running 55-60 mph (GPS) with little wind it holds 8,000-8,500 rpm steady. Hoca variator and 9g Hoca rollers 18x14. I noticed when I run down the speed and throttle back up .. sometimes it crackles and takes off. Is the rollers to light or is the exhaust to open? All I know is she is smooth fun right now. Monday I may go get a 2006 Honda Reflex with 4,000 miles on her for $1,250-1,500 it depends if they get it running. Car lot has it and forgot about it. Kelly Bluebook says trade in is still $2,200 in good shape. Now that my friends is a sweet deal if I can fix the carb/clean the fuel tank/get a battery.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Old 07-06-2017, 11:01 PM   #18

Latest video and update. New exhaust, cold air kit and belt on the way. Wrong belt from factory and replace with wrong belt lol. More videos to come soon.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....

Old 07-07-2017, 12:12 PM   #19

Return run: Video 4

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Old 07-08-2017, 11:02 AM   #20

Sounds good and looks good ! These engines put out around 9 hp stock, the problem with going faster than 45 mph is all the wind ur pushing, that's takes more hp to do it dependably. I see a big bore kit in your future.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:48 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
Sounds good and looks good ! These engines put out around 9 hp stock, the problem with going faster than 45 mph is all the wind ur pushing, that's takes more hp to do it dependably. I see a big bore kit in your future.
Thanks. Right now I will work out the bugs and settings before I go BBK. I am looking into the 170cc kit from the jug up. I am trying the right gear ratio to fit my needs here in this area and it seems to be working real good so far. Top speed was 65 mph GPS and she does not wonder all over the road like I thought it would. I hope to get the best out of the 150cc before I upgrade to the BBK lol. Heck it is all fun and a hobby for my disabled old butt. I have been doing mechanic work for near 40 years ( started young working with cars).

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Old 07-08-2017, 08:36 PM   #22

Parts came in and every thing is on. I replaced the 9g rollers with 12g rollers. The engine dropped down to 7,000-7,200 rpm range but only reached 58 mph GPS. I may put the 10g set in it (Took out the 9g set) and see how she runs from there. With the 12g set she felt like she was lugging along want to cut loose and breath. Belt made a world of a difference and was easier to get on. Clutch pulley had the belt more towards the outer edge like it should have been. Muffler sounds like a frippen glasspack lol. The old muffler showed traces of soot even thought it was light so she is not running lean. First back fire from the new muffler scared the mess out of me lol so the baffle may go in .. but I like the loudness. "Loud pipes saves lives!" I enjoy slowing down blipping the throttle to make it cackle and people turn to look like what is that.
I just wonder if she prefers the 8,000-8,500 rpm range. Every time I go heavier weights and taller gear she just lugs around. I want to think she is solid enough to ride those rpms seeing as I did see 10,000 rpm on her on one run with 6g rollers. I did not hold it there but hit it and she became buzzy. (Down a short hill with a head of steam and only hit 55 mph) In the last 2 videos she was holding 8,000-8,200 rpm range and was smooth as silk. I wonder if this engine prefers the higher rpm range like that. When I ran the 8g test she ran smooth and perfect at 8,700-9,000 rpm range and was not buzzy. I was just a little to loud exhaust wise for me. Over the winter I may get setup with the BBK from the jug up. I am trying not to go to far yet. I want to get the most out of the 150cc engine first.

Heedehcheenuh

Chuck D

Ride on.....
Old 07-12-2017, 05:49 PM   #23

2015 Honda PCX150 wooohooo I got cleared. Yeah baby! Gotta find a way to go get her now.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Old 07-15-2017, 04:21 PM   #24

She is here. Midnight blue with the metal sparkle. Looks black but she is not. Rode home 53+ miles and not even a 1/3rd tank of fuel. Hit rev limiter a few times but she can hold 55-60mph smooth and up hills. Did not have any issues with comfort and with the wind blowing I was not bounced around like I thought I would be. Ohhh I am a happy rider/camper now. I will look into the variator mods to bump up the speed so not to hit the rev limiter on those shorts hills lol. First thought it was som weak gas but then I remembered ...

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Old 09-03-2017, 05:28 PM   #25

Latest update. Got the NCY variator kit on (Drive face-variator and 13g rollers) and windscreen. Stock she was hitting rev limiter at 62mph then the kit moved her to 65-67mph and the windscreen opened her up to 73 mph (gps) 70 speedo. I have the Leo Vince Corsa GP Silencer on the way. I will remove the battery connection to reset the FI (Fuel Injection) computer to remap. I think she will run 80+ now as I let off running 73mph because I hit the speed I wanted. The 60+mph climbing hills are no issue now. I hate the thing is so comfy I do not want to stop riding her lol

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Old 06-24-2018, 07:05 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heedehcheenuh View Post
Latest update. Got the NCY variator kit on (Drive face-variator and 13g rollers) and windscreen. Stock she was hitting rev limiter at 62mph then the kit moved her to 65-67mph and the windscreen opened her up to 73 mph (gps) 70 speedo. I have the Leo Vince Corsa GP Silencer on the way. I will remove the battery connection to reset the FI (Fuel Injection) computer to remap. I think she will run 80+ now as I let off running 73mph because I hit the speed I wanted. The 60+mph climbing hills are no issue now. I hate the thing is so comfy I do not want to stop riding her lol

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....

Hey seen your post and I would love to get some tips from you since I have the same scooter. Just got it, has about 1,100 miles on it, want to do everything you did to yours to make it runs smooth and fast, read lol your posts and you seem like you know what you’re doing. Let me know if you can help, thanks in advance. I tried sending you a private message but you don’t accept private message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tags
150cc, 157qmj, powermax, tao tao powermax