Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 05-23-2017, 05:59 PM   #1

Scooters Riders are Real

Dunno bout others but I depend on my scoot, my only means of transportation. I know I'm old now, but I need to get from point a to point b. I don't always have another option, friends or family, to get to the doc, or pay bills etc. I use my scoot. It's my transportation. How bout you?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-23-2017, 06:17 PM   #2

My old scooters... I've got to call them a hobby because so far they haven't been all that dependable... but they're getting better. The mail lady thinks she is delivering me a brand new scooter one part at a time from China.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:23 PM   #3

LOL Roscoe.. Sometimes seems that way to me, not just the mail lady, ups, fedex etc..

Last edited by wildun; 05-23-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildun View Post
Dun no bout others but I depend on my scoot, my only means of transportation. I know I'm old now, but I need to get from point a to point b. I don't always have another option, friends or family, to get to the doc, or pay bills etc. I use my scoot. It's my transportation. How bout you?
Luckily for me we usually take the car to the Docs , etc! I say luckily because I'm not fond of riding in the rain & this is Floridas rainy season , so she drives & I don't get lost! I always said-In Florida I get 2 blocks away & I'm lost! There are no hills & all of the construction is the same. Sure is different than N.E. Irish
Old 06-04-2017, 04:43 PM   #5

I ride year round also, but by choice. I have a 01 Ford Ranger that only has 88,000 miles but my 2014 Burgman 200 (bought new in early 2015) has 13,580 at the moment. Now that Im getting older I cant do extreme cold (below freezing) as much and I will drive now instead of suiting up for torrential rain. Dont get me wrong, I got caught in a death downpour last week, and last winter I rode home a few times in extreme cold, but I wouldnt have it any other way. I just enjoy riding.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:08 AM   #6

I use my scooter as supplemental transit. I have a young family. The 5 year old lives with the ex most of the time, and I'm constantly driving 20 miles each way to pick her up and drop her off. She's not big enough to ride yet.

The 13 year old boy is constantly needing to go to sports, boy scouts, etc, and he's big enough to ride and actually enjoys it. I was the hero of the boy scouts the other day when I dropped him off on the scooter.

I go to visit my mom once a month or so; she's 50 miles away off the interstate. That's no fun on a 150 class scooter, so I take the cage.

I do use the scooter for local errands, which seem like a waste of time to fire up the car. I find it encourages me to go out for that one or two ingredients I'm missing for a recipe.

The main use I'm looking forward to is the odd social event, just to get away from the family life for a day here and there. It'll look different in another 10 years.