Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 250cc +

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2016, 09:29 AM   #1

2011 Jonway/Roketa 250cc update

Hey Guys, its been a while since I posted, but Ill give you an update on the situation and hopefully you have some good suggestions. Last time I posted almost 3 years ago, my Scoot lost power while topped out at 65ish. Motor still running, no power, I pulled over turned it off then tried to restart, it would'nt restart but was spitting black out of radiator hose. Figure the head was cracked or gasket issue. I worked on it a little hear and there, no luck. about a month ago I said screw it and bought a new carb put it on, changed all the fluids, new battery, new relay, new gasket on the radiator hose and SOB started! over heated, so I replaced thermo and its not over heating now. I have been driving around the niegborhood for about a week no issues. but Im still afraid to go far from home.

My question is, could it have been over heating and I did'nt notice causing oil and antifreeze to mix but not crack the head? or maybe force pressure through the gasket without tearing it? or do you think a carb failure would cause it? I would think a bad head gasket or cracked gasket would cause the two to mix pretty quickly. Thoughts?

Login or Register to Remove Ads