Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > The Dawg Pound

Old 02-26-2018, 07:27 PM   #16

I hope it was not cancer again Irish. It must not be a super-aggressive cancer if the Doc is willing to wait 3 months before the re-check.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #17

I had a test & sure enough it was positive! I went to the DR yesterday & he wants me to get 4, 2hr treatments of Retucsin(sp?).It's one of two drugs that I took before but not as intensive. In other words , I won't get sick & I won't have to take Newlasta(sp?) Irish
Don't ask what I'll be doing the next 4 Thurs afternoons!
Old 06-07-2018, 10:17 PM   #18

Hang in there, Irish. If you can fix an effin CH53, you can definitely beat that cancer.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:05 AM   #19

Hang in there, Irish, we want you around for a long time. FWIW cancer cells need glycogen they can't use ketones. Some "alternative" treatments advocate a ketogenic diet to help fight cancer. You might want to google it and see what it's about.

Prayers coming your way!
Old 06-17-2018, 12:24 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
Hang in there, Irish, we want you around for a long time. FWIW cancer cells need glycogen they can't use ketones. Some "alternative" treatments advocate a ketogenic diet to help fight cancer. You might want to google it and see what it's about.

Prayers coming your way!
Unfortunately I'm also Diabetic! It's called being caught between a rock & a hard place! I had my 1st treatment last Thurs. I had to pay $1590 up front & it made me wonder-What do people do that didn't save for their retirement? Irish
P.S. It's a good thing that my wife put money aside. I just lived for today! Perhaps that's one of the reasons that We've been married for 53yrs!

Old 06-18-2018, 12:07 PM   #21

Please have a look at ketogenic diets and cancer. I thought the whole keto thing was just another snake oil thing but it caught my attention and I'm doing it. So far I've lost 42 lbs and have never felt better. I'll turn 70 later this year. I did it to lose weight and get my blood pressure down and get rid of statin drugs. But it's also used to reverse type II diabetes and treat cancer. Cancer can only use glycogen and with ketosis, glycogen drops to almost nothing and you starve the cancer. These are real doctors watch a few and see what you think... https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...cer+treatments

Hoping and praying you have the best possible outcome from this situation,
Roscoe
Old 06-18-2018, 04:33 PM   #22

I'm already a type 2 Diabetic so I keep my diet fairly clean & my BP is excellent! I doubt if it was any good back in my heavy drinking days + I smoked 2 packs of unfiltered Camels a day but I was COOL then. Irish
Old 07-20-2018, 01:25 PM   #23

I'm done with my 4 treatments. I have to be tested again in Aug. I got a bill(in the mail) yesterday for another $1700 , in addition to the money already spent. As my wife says- They will never find a cure for cancer because they are making too much money treating it! Irish
Old 07-22-2018, 11:41 AM   #24

Great to hear that you are done with treatments. Funny how we have universal healthcare but we still get a big medical bill.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:13 AM   #25

How did August test go?