Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 11-22-2015, 11:48 PM   #1

A few general questions from a new owner

Hello all,

Bought my first scooter about two weeks ago now, Second hand with only 12 miles on it, She runs great, A 150cc Freedom, Gets up to 45mph but Redlines the whole time (7 - 8 on RPMs) Is this normal?

I like the style she has but a few questions if someone would be so kind.

1. The RPM vs speed thing i mentioned above, 45mph at 7 - 8 rpms, is this normal on a new motor that is not broken in? And if so, Advice on breaking it in?

2. Someone mentioned to me about maintenace and ensuring certain bolts are tight every trip, I live on a bumpy road and want to ensure its not gunna fall apart on me! Where are these bolts?

3. Aftermarket goodies! I like my scooter shes purdy but iam in love with the headlines on the new Lancer, Is it possible to use them on mine?

4. While on the light subject, Xenons! Leds ect, The standard lights on it are decent enough for driving but not so much when there is a fog or haze, I leave work early mornings and would like to see a little better, What bulb is best or would fit? Or do i need to inject in a entire asymbly like with a car?

5. Anything i should know from there? Things to look out for, What kind of oil does she require, and is Unleaded gas best?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-23-2015, 07:11 AM   #2

zoophilian.....Go to the "General Scooter Discussion" section, and read the first thread.... it is titled "PDI". This will give you a pretty good idea of what should be done.

The folks that take the time to do a comprehensive PDI, and operate their scooter as intended, generally end up with a dependable, and very enjoyable ride. Those that don't, end up having one problem after another, and within a few months are calling their ride a POS.

So do it.....and in the process, you will learn a lot about what makes your scooter tick.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:54 AM   #3

Thanks. I will read that thread also.

Login or Register to Remove Ads