Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 07-25-2015, 03:45 PM   #1

I'll go with "phone a Friend", Regis.....

Ok...

2007 MC-30-150 (Roketa), 4,500 miles. Last summer it had a bad oil leak (turned out to be a gasket). Did a complete tear down, replaced all gaskets and seals.

I was nervous that I messed something up but lo-and-behold after putting it back in the bike and some cranking, it started up. A few funky smells at first, but started and ran smoothly...or so it seemed.

Here's the issue: It will not stay running. As the auto enricher adjusts during warm up, idle falls and falls and eventually it dies. After that, it's very difficult to start up but if I do get it started running again - same problem.

Here's what I've done:
  • Complete dis-assembly of the carb, cleaned and went through all the holes with a pin.
  • Valves set to .004 and .005 (originally they were .003 and .004).
  • The head is not the original (I cracked the original putting the old one back together), but a used one and new valve cover (without the PAIR outlet) from a local shop.

I can get it to stay running but I have to put a piece of plastic between the idle screw and the throttle pickup. When it's really warmed up, it will run at idle for about 5-7 minutes with the idle screw all the way in (max idle).

Fuel/air screw is currently at 3.5 turns from closed - this is how I got it to where it is now though when cold, it will start at 2.5 turns.

It seems to me anyway that somewhere there is too much air somewhere, but I can't figure out where. If I spray the hoses with, say, GumOut, or wiggle them around (somewhat vigorously), the idle doesn't change. The air filter is the metal cylinder/aftermarket type and was on it when it was running last year. I confirmed that it's clamped on tight.

I'm thinking of changing out the rest of the vacuum lines with new ones and readjusting the valves back to 003 and .004 but thought I'd throw it out here to get opinions.

Otherwise, I might just sell it at a "deal" price and be done with it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-25-2015, 05:43 PM   #2

Does the carb have a diaphram? Might not be seated.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:39 PM   #3

Yes. Checked and double checked. I had it idling for about 20 minutes, then it just slowed and died. Afterward, it wouldn't start, almost as though it was flooded.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:24 PM   #4

Ok... I think I found the issue. The tube from the intake manifold is connected to the vacuum line from the petcock and to the back of the carb by way of a plastic "T" connection. When I had the scooter running, I sprayed some GumOut on the T and the engine immediately bogged and almost died.

Sadly, I can't find this T anywhere locally. My question: Can I simply connect the tube from teh intake manifold directly to the petcock and then use the other valve on the intake manifold (I have 2, but the other has been plugged) to go to the carb?
Old 07-25-2015, 07:56 PM   #5

Yes......