Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 04-26-2015, 10:08 PM   #1

Manual enriched was not connected. Now what?

Manual enricher was discovered to be not connected at the harness. The sellar can't be contacted to find out why.

I had ridden it for short 2 mile rides for a week and then it wouldn't start. I cleaned the spark plug and it started starting again. Plug was filthy black.

Today I went to clean the carb and discovered that the Spark plug was filthy black after cleaning just a week ago.
I also discovered that the enricher harness is not connected leading me to believe that the choke could have been on all the time. Am I correct?

Oh yea, two things you should know:
1) adjusting the idle screw did nothing after getting to operating temp.
2) when riding it, after getting it to operating temp it would bog out like it was getting too much fuel. It also idled when riding better when I rolled off the throttle a bit.

My question is, what should I do about the enricher being disconnected and it relating to the bogging? I live in Florida if that helps.
Should I just block the area where the enricher goes with a plate? Would I need to jb weld the holes also?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by Florida; 04-26-2015 at 10:54 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:51 PM   #2

Yes, your engine is running too rich.
As the engine warms up, the auto-enricher slowly pushes a needle down into a cold-start jet, eventually cutting off the fuel from it after the engine warms up.
If it isn't hooked up properly, it will never push the needle down and cut off the excess fuel.
The good new is, that it starts properly. The bad news is, it runs way too rich once warmed up. If you turn back the air/fuel mixture screw to lean it out, it becomes almost impossible to start when it is cold.
It needs to be reconnected to the electrical system.