Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 01-29-2020, 09:28 PM   #1

Hello from San Diego

Hi guys new here , I'm 51 from the UK been living in San Diego for around 8 years , moving to Florida in about 5 months seriously considering a Yamaha Zuma 125 , current bike is a 99 Honda vfr 800 , previous bikes include , Suzuki drz 400 sm with evey mod available except the stroker kit , Yamaha wrf 400 , tdr 250 ypvs , rd 350 f2 , I really like the look of the bug eye , I'm determined not to do to many mods like my drz , I sunk a ton of $$ into it
, thanks peter

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-30-2020, 09:36 AM   #2

I had a Zuma 125, the older model. Ergonomics were ok, had a 155 bbk. Zumaforums is dead, not sure about a FB forum as I dont do FB. I ended up trading mine for a Zuma 50. The Zuma 125 developed a cold start issue right around 20,000 miles. It was just out of warranty (my only transportation at the time) and Yamaha refused to even acknowledge the problem. Turned out the wire loom under the floorboard was wrapped across a sharp weld and the loom got cut into, shorting out the choke circuit. Mine wasn't the only one. If you mod it avoid TST multi-ramp variators, they snap belts without warning. There is a company out of Taiwan called Race Concepts ran by a guy named Chris. He gets great tuning parts for honest prices. And welcome to the forum.