Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > The Dawg Pound

Old 01-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #31

Lefty can you post your name & address too, just so we know who you are? Can't ever be too careful these days, ya know?

And yes, my name is Mike... no mystery at all. It's all been stated.

I sent an email to Lee (Dawg), so I'm sure he'll post when he gets a chance. Hopefully that will calm down all you conspiracy theorists.

And by the way, the 'forum' is not registered with Godaddy, the domain is.. two different things.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Yes I will email you the info
Lefty
Regardless.. I have to extend a thank you to Lefty...and "job well done"...for he is merely looking out for our 'cyber safety' and has taken the time to do much research regarding the development of this new site.
So at the VERY least...a thank you and round of applause for his efforts in is need.
Thank you Lefty..
Glenn, aka..Yayiima benatigee
Old 01-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Lefty can you post your name & address too, just so we know who you are? Can't ever be too careful these days, ya know?

And yes, my name is Mike... no mystery at all. It's all been stated.

I sent an email to Lee (Dawg), so I'm sure he'll post when he gets a chance. Hopefully that will calm down all you conspiracy theorists.

And by the way, the 'forum' is not registered with Godaddy, the domain is.. two different things.
Hi Mike
Pleased to meet you
Thank you ever so much for all that you have done
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

Old 01-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #34

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by carasdad View Post
Regardless.. I have to extend a thank you to Lefty...and "job well done"...for he is merely looking out for our 'cyber safety' and has taken the time to do much research regarding the development of this new site.
So at the VERY least...a thank you and round of applause for his efforts in is need.
Thank you Lefty..
Hi Glenn
+1 thanks lefty for looking out for us
Welcome back as well
Take care and ride safely dear friends
Yours Hank
Old 01-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #35

hey Mike , is this true your a newyorker ?

John

Old 01-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by carasdad View Post
Thank you Lefty..
Yea, it's a ton of work to check a 'whois'.

Seriously though, I have no problem with it, but I think it's a little much. There's been absolutely no reason given to freak out this much, and it's probably scaring some people for nothing. I wonder, was Lee checked out this much when he first started the forum?
Old 01-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootnwinn View Post
Unless you are hosting your own domain emails do give anyone access to your computer. Unless you open them and activate the malicious content they are just text on a screen snuggles spam and this forum are coincidences and nothing else quit scaring people. Spam in your spam folder is harmless unless you open it if you are retired stay retired there is no good reason for all this just because you weren't notified means nothing there is no proof anyone contacted medman
I could give a about it really, just a warning and don't take everything for granted that is all. Like i said I hope all this is LEGIT and there is a new KING on the thrown and a whole new forum look. Yes I am retired and living very well thank you, it is called planning for retirement and having everything you want when you want it.

As for prove of contacting medman that I cannot devulge that information some of us are smarter than you might think. But here is something that might interest you and many others:
Lefty

http://scooterrebels.proboards.com/i...ad=2183&page=1

Three Wheels keep me up
You’ll never be old and wise if you weren’t young and crazy

Last edited by inuyasha; 06-27-2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: profanity
Old 01-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
Hi Mike
Pleased to meet you
Thank you ever so much for all that you have done
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

Hi Hank, nice to meet ya!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvnacman View Post
hey Mike , is this true your a newyorker ?

John
Yep, born and raised.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #40

gee I'm in Queens and yourself ?

John
Old 01-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvnacman View Post
gee I'm in Queens and yourself ?

John
A Mets fan huh? Ugh. Oh well.

I'm upstate a bit, originally from Rockland, now in Orange for the past 25 years.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Well for all those genius computer guys, I started my career as a PROGRAMMER writing software for mainframes and then pcs, as well as security software for both.
All you have to do is find the loophole in the software to get around anything. You can only do and think of so many ways that someone can get around it. Miss a few and it is found and there goes that part of the checks in the software. That is why all your current security software is always being updatee. They can only update once it is britched to plug the hole or holes.
I am retired now but I started back in 1969 programming, the going lanugage then was RPG, BAL and COBOL and Fortran, then the pcs hit then your Script,Basic,GUIs using C and C++. Gui programmers were a dime a dozen coming out of college and they still are. Many companies used to get VISAs for Chinese and India programmers and bring them over and house them like cattle working for peanuts. So with your 22 years you still have to lot to learn.
Lefty
I don't care what programming you learned starting in 1969. That has nothing to do with what people can do having only your e-mail address, and as a matter of fact, they CANNOT get access to your computer having only your e-mail address unless you execute malicious code through an attachment, which almost everybody is smart enough not to do. Having your e-mail address gives a hacker NO POWER over your computer. A lot to learn? I think you have a lot to learn about computing and security in 2013. Let's bring it into the 21st century, eh?
Old 01-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #43

I'm no sports fan , for a date I would go to shea . If I went with friends it would be Yankee stadium . I have not been to either ball field since before they were rebuilt .

Do you ride ?

John
Old 01-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #44

And yes I'm a hawk on people spreading false fear; just last night on Facebook I was sharing this friendly reminder: "If you see a post that you might want to re-post but you don't know if it's legit, all you have to do is highlight a couple sentences in the post, right click, and choose "Search Google for..." (for Chrome; similar for other browsers) and if it's a scam/incorrect, it'll pop up on hoaxslayer or snopes.com, typically. But, it's important to actually click on the result, because occasionally they are "true," or "partially true." Most of the ones I see that I bother to check on turn out to be false, especially ones that involve personal safety, government, or facebook policies. It's a quick, easy way to make sure you aren't furthering anger, fear, or panic for no reason. THIS post is one you should re-post! "

If you guys need further reason not to worry; here you go. My e-mail address is wutzthedeal@yahoo.com. Get into my computer. Have at it.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #45

Ah ok, cool. Yea I'm a bigger football fan than baseball, but the Yanks are my team. Haven't been to the new house either yet.

I do ride, but right now I'm scooter-less. Looking to get another in the spring time/summer. Right now I have a few ATVs, a dirtbike, and a sled.

Nice to meet ya!