Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #1

Newbie with a leaky Roketa 150

Leak problem in last paragraph!

Just bought a 2008 Roketa mc 75 150 with 72 miles on it (for $540 clams). I talked them down from $700 because it ran, but wouldn't go (bogged out at throttle). Its obviously been sitting (bought it for the wife and she got scared -- so it sat). PO replaced the muffler, CDI, and carb last Spring to get it running from sitting but when I started it up, I couldn't get it out of the driveway. idled just fine, though.

Followed a few of the basic recs around here (new gas, new gas lines, manual petcock and filter, also removed the tank evapo canister, etc.) but couldn't get it above 4000 rpms. Had a lean problem at the intake manifold (used the carb cleaner trick), fixed that, and then had a rich bogging problem!

So even though the guy said he cleaned the carb in June, I removed it and it was filled with gelatinous goo! Cleaned it out and vroom! Took it down the road and I'm happy to report about 56 mph on the flat (assuming the speedo is correct).

My minor question... With the evapo elimination, I've seen the trick about adding line and a backwards gas filter to contain the spills and let the tank breath -- but I'd like to understand how that works. I have a small paper filter and I can pull air through it both ways. Is that normal? I thought the idea was by turning the thing backwards fuel couldn't get out?

ANYWAY... My real question. I have a leaky gas tank at the fuel sensor. That is, there is a electronic sensor/float on the top of the tank (not a pump, of course) and when the tank is full and it sloshes around, gas spills out of top of the tank. Anybody have this problem? Is there a gasket I can buy/fabricate? Seems bizarre that that wouldn't be air tight.

Pictures to follow! As you can imagine, it's in pristine shape!

Login or Register to Remove Ads