Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #1

My brand new ride.

Hey guys even though I am presently scooter-less. My current rides are a Sym Wolf Classic and now a brand new Honda NC700x.

I've filled up one time since new so far. And it's looking really good I got 72 mpg! And it's still breaking in. This is truly an mpg machine built for efficiency. It pulls like a freight train and even on the freeway it only revs 3000 rpm or so. This is also good news because since the engine is based on a Honda Fit's engine, these lower RPM's will translate to pretty much not needing valve adjustments. Sure the interval says 8,000 mile valve checks but how many people do that to their Honda cars?

The "gas tank" is a trunk that fits a full face helmet so that's definitely one of the better features.

It's really funny that the reviews on US based sites lambaste this bike for not being a high strung high maintenance machine with a performance envelope of a superbike. But every other publication in Europe praises the bike for being the ultimate multipurpose full size motorcycle capable of commuting touring and having a little fun on the side.

But once you really ride it, the effortless acceleration from down low really make this bike something to experience. And then the MPG's the only full size motorcycle I've ridden on that could almost match this bike was a GS500F that I had to put a +3 front sprocket on and it still only got 65 mpg average, 70 if I was careful. And it didn't accelerate like this bike which is a rocket up to 70 mph or so, obviously with only 51 hp on tap it loses some steam past 70 mph but still great highway performance. And the pull it has seemingly just off idle at 2000 rpm is really something to experience.

I'm sure I'll be seeing even better than 72 mpg when the engine is broken in.

Login or Register to Remove Ads