Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 05-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lykos23 View Post
Thanks, Teddy. While I would love to buy from a shop, I'm strapped for cash and the only local motorcycle shop in town doesn't carry scooter parts, so I think I have to order them either way.

Is continental the best one I can get? I've got plenty of credit and I'm not afraid to pay for the best, especially if it's hard work to put them on. If so, then I'll be ordering them in the next hour.
Depends on what you mean by best, dry, all around, wet, snow, mud but what i would do is look at reviews on motorcyclesuperstore http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Rear-Tire.aspx then try to find the tire you want on amazon but those are good all around tires that dont wear so quick

2010 Cpi Oliver 70cc, naruku trans kit, downhill handle bars, tecnigas rsll pipe, s6 4g rollers, Vento R4 with 90cc 1e52qmf technigas next r 100cc pipe Naruku, 21mm race carb, s6 4.5 g rollers

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to lykos23 Send a message via Skype™ to lykos23
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy554 View Post
Depends on what you mean by best, dry, all around, wet, snow, mud but what i would do is look at reviews on motorcyclesuperstore http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Rear-Tire.aspx then try to find the tire you want on amazon but those are good all around tires that dont wear so quick
Thanks, Teddy. While I respect your opinion, what Hank says goes, he's a moderator after all.

I got my pirellis today by UPS, I put the front tire on and can already notice a huge difference when riding. Now I await my socket set for a 24mm socket in order to remove the rear wheel, thought I had one, turns out I don't.

Quote:
Go for softer compound Pirelli or Kenda tires. And ride carefully when on a 10" bike. Good luck.
Thanks. I got the Pirelli SL-26 tires that Hank recommended. With just one tire the riding is tremendously different.

Quote:
Hey lykos23,
sorry to hear about your accident, we all have to be careful (thanks for the info, never even thought about something like that). Hope you have a speedy recovery. I just bought shinko tires 130/60/13 and I really like them, rated for 75mph.
Nice. I hope your shinko tires work well for you and that nobody else is unfortunate enough to come upon an abundance of lawn clippings in the road with bald tires like I did. Regretfully my shoes will never recover, but my hand and knee are already painless, it wasn't too bad of a fall.