Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 07-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #16

My car went down about 2 weeks ago.. ziGG has been my main mode and lovin every second of it!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
I can put a lot of stuff in my back pack but I won't be trying to haul my kayak either. I have seen guys hauling a surf board on a scooter.
Yep, and not all that expensive to get.

http://www.amazon.com/Carver-Scooter...urf+board+rack
Old 07-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #18

I use my scooter most of the time, but I'm another kayaker so I have a little truck for that and other stuff.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #19

I ride mine daily unless it snows. I do occasionally use my truck for truck size loads but a scooter can hold about $70 worth of groceries easily...

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing
Old 07-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #20

Well before the little guy, I used to ride my scoots exclusively, unless it was raining or icy.

20 years of being an automotive technician/glazier has taken it's toll on my spine, leaving me with 25 bulged discs and two herniated at c6 and c7.

So sadly, I'm lucky if I get to do 40 miles in a week, and if I do dare ride 40miles in a single day, I'll be hurt up for a really long time. My doctors have given me an 'open' prescription for whatever opiates I want, but I adamantly refuse to take any pain killer that is not ibuprofen (seriously, ibuprofen STOPS pain, opiates just get you high).

Somehow, I manage to spend at least 20 hours a week fixing the club's bikes. These days I wrench much more than I actually ride. Sigh

4T 150cc 157 qmj

24mm carb w 115 main jet and paper cone air filter

Manual petcock w Tygon fuel lines

Scrappy Dog Scooters Retro-slash stainless straight-thru exhaust

RED spring clutch

Adjustable CDI (brand unknown, it's blue and red and works great!)

KOSO high performance variator w 12g sliders

Gates Powerlink 835-20-30 belt

GPS verified 65mph on flats.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboy5000 View Post
Well before the little guy, I used to ride my scoots exclusively, unless it was raining or icy.

20 years of being an automotive technician/glazier has taken it's toll on my spine, leaving me with 25 bulged discs and two herniated at c6 and c7.

So sadly, I'm lucky if I get to do 40 miles in a week, and if I do dare ride 40miles in a single day, I'll be hurt up for a really long time. My doctors have given me an 'open' prescription for whatever opiates I want, but I adamantly refuse to take any pain killer that is not ibuprofen (seriously, ibuprofen STOPS pain, opiates just get you high).

Somehow, I manage to spend at least 20 hours a week fixing the club's bikes. These days I wrench much more than I actually ride. Sigh
Hi Tommy
So sorry to hear that
You have my best wishes and prayers that your condition improves

get-well-soom-1147833444 by inuyasha50, on Flickr
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank
Old 07-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #22

D'aw! Thanks Hank!

4T 150cc 157 qmj

24mm carb w 115 main jet and paper cone air filter

Manual petcock w Tygon fuel lines

Scrappy Dog Scooters Retro-slash stainless straight-thru exhaust

RED spring clutch

Adjustable CDI (brand unknown, it's blue and red and works great!)

KOSO high performance variator w 12g sliders

Gates Powerlink 835-20-30 belt

GPS verified 65mph on flats.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by spandi View Post
Yep, and not all that expensive to get.

http://www.amazon.com/Carver-Scooter...urf+board+rack
I would totally get that if I lived near a surf beach! I do have a board, but have to do a fair bit of driving to get to the surf, since there's a wee bit of land called Vancouver Island between me and the open ocean.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #24

My scoot was my main ride for two years! A lot to fun! Now it's a slightly bigger vtwin. :-)
Old 07-26-2013, 01:45 AM   #25

My scoot and Goldwing were my main transport; then my truck was torched two days after my divorce became final. Now they are my only means. I never miss the enclosed ride but there are times when I miss the truck hauling abilities.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #26

I had to sell my truck (couldn't afford any more repairs :( ) & bought my 2011 Puma 150. First time owner, lots of fun poked at me by my kids...til they took a test drive!

Was diagnosed 3 wks ago with L4-L5 ruptured discs & I was afraid that a previous injury from long ago may have been exacerbated by the vibrations from my little scoot. Hopefully not the case.

Anyway...those fun poking kids of mine? My youngest son is "babysitting" my scoot for the time being, "just until you're back has healed..."

Ha! Yeah. I'm thinking I won't be getting it back...
Old 11-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #27

I have a ford aerostar van that I've used twice since jan. Once to smog it so I could register it, and once to the lake this summer. Otherwise, it's been two wheels all year. To carry items, I have a magnetic tank bag the fits my fj1200 and have put metal pads on the 250cc scooter so that the bag sits in front of the seat. Sometimes I also cross connect the straps of a backpack and slid the backpack on the rear of the seat. Not above sliding things down the front of my jacket either.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboy5000 View Post

Have hope! Years ago , when I got out of the service , I returned to Conn & worked for 6yrs , for Sikorsky as a Flight mechanic & mechanical installer (drive shafts , engines , oil coolers , etc.) I broke the 5th disk up & had it removed (1970) It doesn't bother me riding at all & I rode mostly hardtailed Triumph choppers when in N.H. Irish
P.S. The operation was done at Yale New Haven Hospital.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:43 PM   #29

I find myself riding LESS then I did in N.H.! If I'm going for a ride on the outskirts or in the country or to the Beach , I'll ride! Otherwise these Florida traffic lights , make it not worthwhile for what they do to me mentally. My cycle is air cooled , so the damage that the heat does to me & my cycle make it not worthwhile! Irish
Old 07-15-2015, 08:17 PM   #30

My SMax is my only transportation, Road trip as soon as it gets below 85*