Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 05-24-2015, 09:24 PM   #1

need help or advice

got a 50 cc scooter say it goes 60 but only get to 30 or 35 what can i do or need to do? it is an 05 SUNL Sprinter.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-25-2015, 04:52 AM   #2

it all depends on your budjet.mine went from 42 to 55 and I probably have four or five hundred in it and that's with me doing the work.i have a two stroke so its different.anyway there is a variator behind your left cover and you have to figure out what works for your weight and rpms.mine had 5 gram rollers I put in 4 gram sliders and a stage 6 pipe,1500 rpm clutch springs,and torque spring.its a trial and error thing because the companys don't know what you weigh or know what your riding conditions are,hills and straight aways.putting on a pipe without a bigger main jet or clutch work wont do you much good.im sure you have a four stroke which is harder to get more speed
Old 05-25-2015, 08:58 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum!

If you are measuring your road speed with the scooters speedo then you should know they are about 20% optimistic. Tuners preferred method to measure is GPS.

Yours may still have the restrictions in place, which when removed can help. You can increase the engine size relatively cheaply if you are mechanically inclined which will provide more midrange and hill climbing ability.

Tuning the CVT is as Dwint suggested more time and parts consuming and unfortunately mostly a T&E exercise. There is one parts seller I know that offers a "tuning kit" that has 3 different roller sets, torque / contra springs and clutch springs to tune it in. But since you are a new owner, it would be best to consult the previous owner as to what he may have done before proceeding..

Old 05-28-2015, 05:26 PM   #4

Without a big bore kit and/or some pretty impressive modifications, 60mph on a 50cc, 4 stroke scoot is pretty difficult. Are you sure they were advertising correctly?
Old 05-29-2015, 06:03 AM   #5

Sounds to me like someone is getting KPH confused with MPH.