Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 08-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Call or Email Us, We Guarantee Price match! List Price: $2,179.95
Our Price: $1,549.95
You save $630.00! Shipping & Handling: $239.95
Where is the savings from what I posted ?.

Quote:
We Guarantee Price match!
Its not my/our job to do all work at finding the best price for them to match, Its theirs !!!!. if they want my business.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookees View Post
For a couple hundred more...you could buy a brand new SYM. With a two year warranty it's a no-brainer. "Life's too short to ride a crappy scooter"
Ill have to agree. If you can scrape together a little extra check out the Lance Clai Classic. I also looked at a Heritage 150 and the Lance is head and shoulders above. From the engine of life to the fit and finish. Now available in 50, 125 and 150cc.

Be Big,
AMAC

SYM RV200 Evo
Lance "Cali Classic" 125
MC-95-250 Reverse Trike

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/amac1680/rv200-evo
Old 08-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by techie610 View Post
Agreed, Ebuddy. However, without extensive knowledge, it might be better to get a new one, because when something does go wrong, he could take it apart from the correct form. No telling whats been 'rigged' on some bikes.
That's true. When I got my first (a Geely, of all kinds), I'd never so much as clamped a fuel hose and certainly not even seen the inside of a carb. I learned a TON though (YouTube and forums such as this can do wonders) and each time builds upon learning from before. But I can't overestimate the hours I spent NOT riding and for some, that's just not (understandably) worth it.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #19

Well put. My reverse trike took at least 40hrs just to get it in what I would call "safe working order". That said it took almost 20hrs to get the front end set up correctly. I knew zero about scooters before I started and now can rip apart a CN250 motor, fix marginal wiring and monkey with the CVT. it has been fun.

It's still a work in progress at 2500 miles. I've enjoyed the hobby but also needed a scoot that all I needed to do was hit the start button and go. I bought the Kymco then the Cali for that reason. Good dealer and little to no wrench turning.

If you don't mind the work IMO there are some damn good china scoots available on the net at great prices.

Be Big,
AMAC

SYM RV200 Evo
Lance "Cali Classic" 125
MC-95-250 Reverse Trike

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/amac1680/rv200-evo
Old 08-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #20

new if you can afford it, used if you like tinkering

Old 09-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #21

I have never bought a scoot that runs. I restored a 2003 Piaggio BV200 for my old boss about 2 years ago. Paid $900 for it; it had 2500 miles on it. Cleaned .the carb, changed out all the lines (fuel and water) then made the mistake of riding it before I have it to him. It was such fun that I had to get another. Since then I have purchased 2 50cc and 4 150, and a Sym 20HD. My boss traded the Beverly back to me for a Vintage because it fit him better. I give the scoots to people in my church (mostly) who need transportation. It is a great hobby in retirement.

I am seriously thinking of getting a new/newer scoot for myself that is fuel injected. This forum has given me lots of good advice on how to repair these sometimes cranky machines.

Finaljudgement
Old 09-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #22

Back to price matching:
Why just match someone else's price? If they have it cheaper, I'm getting it from them
However, if you discount 1% 2% 3% from someone one else's already lower price, then I'll buy from you.
I'll do the homework to find the lowest price (taking into consideration shipping, etc) and buy from them.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:35 PM   #23

I would always buy them new. Scooters are much, much cheaper than cars, and you can usually find a brand new one for under $2,000. I don't trust buying used scooters; I prefer to always buy them brand new.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #24
Banned

never buy a used scooter, buy a new one
Old 02-08-2014, 12:09 AM   #25

Hi
Ive had some excellent deals purchasing used
http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=52763
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank
Old 02-08-2014, 07:56 AM   #26

I'd never buy used chinaknockoff.
I do buy used, branded machines, over new,myself.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:40 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest_3 View Post
Asher, Give this one some thought...

Why buy other peoples junk/troubles that you don't know how well they took care of it.

New 2013' Roketa MC-54-250, $1875 .
Total Includes Shipping in the USA.
Residential Lift Gate Service Delivery $75 Additional.

When living in N.H. , I bought many used motorcycles to repair & resell. Alot of times , the ones that looked the best , had horrible mechanical things done to them! They may have been fine for the person that did them but anyone else didn't know what was done! I'm 71 now & have been a mechanic most of my life. I'm sick of fixing things. I just want to ride now! There are many pros & cons but if I was you-I'd buy NEW! Irish

Tags
new vs. used