Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 09-08-2018, 12:26 PM   #1

ok, Well I learned a good lesson today on tire safety

I went to the scooter repair shop today to learn that even though my tires felt very firm That it doesn't always mean that you have sufficient air in your tires

11 pounds of air is all I had in my tires!!!! and that's why my tire gauge only read 10 lbs

I thought for sure that they were full because they're brand new scooters and the tires were very firm. I was also told that when I bought my scooters from a reputable motorcycle store that they did a PDI check inspection

obviously they didn't because the tires only had 11 pounds in them. So I learned that even though the tires look firm you need to check them cold.They set my tires to to 29 front 30 rear and I went home Happy as I learned something new about tires

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-08-2018, 01:38 PM   #2

Get in the habit of regularly checking the oil level and tire pressure. My 98 Zuma looses air a bit more than the other 2 scooters. And your not alone. The rear valve on the Burgman is a pig to get the pressure gauge on.