Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 250cc +

Old 01-07-2015, 12:44 PM   #1

Service Manual?

Does anyone know where I can get manuals on an Ice Bear 250cc Road Warrior Trike? I bought the bike off of the internet (SaferWholesale.com) Big Mistake! Don't ever deal with this outfit. Among other things , they are very unresponsive & not helpful at all! The manual that came with the bike is definitely not for THIS bike! In all of it's references , it refers to what I believe to be a two wheeler. When I lived in NH , I had two motorcycle customizing & repair shops , so I got it together but have no specs or quantities to go by! I have to guess and hope with everything! I SURE could use some manuals. I have enough years of wrenching to know that sooner or later , guessing will bite you in the a!!. Thanks,Irish

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-08-2015, 08:31 AM   #2

Hey Irish,
I found this on another site. The poster is/was an Ice Bear dealer. I did not however, follow through by running this info through Clymers/Haynes or any other on line manual sources.
One of the things I learned by buying chinese or any manufacturer, if I cant get a full service manual, I'm not interested it.
I'm not against service departments, but many charge very high prices, when all they are going to do is page through a service manual, checking off troubleshooting items, as they add parts, and generate a bill.
Heres what I found:

["The engine in your bike is made by Lifan and is an exact copy of the Yamaha Virago 250 engine. The Yamaha manual and parts will work just fine." Is correct, not sure if all Yamaha parts will work, I have heard of people using yamaha parts, esp the carbs, on the RW.]

Good luck.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:20 AM   #3

You should try contacting Ice Bear directly for information.

http://www.icebearatv.com/

They are a highly conscientious, responsive organization who have, by all reports, worked to improve product over the years.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.

Old 01-08-2015, 02:18 PM   #4

kz1000st
When I try that Ice Bear site , on my computer , it comes up as an unsafe site! Thanks Anyway! Being new to the internet & not finding a Trike that fit my needs ,locally , I bought it at SaferWholeSale.com (Big Mistake) Don't ever deal with that outfit! I think that they must have invented the # of ways to use Runaround! Irish
Old 01-08-2015, 02:35 PM   #5

MMSScooter or Rapid Jim (whoever can help)
I'm really scared about the low oil now! The manual that they sent with the Trike (Wrong One) shows a dipstick from the top plug. Mine has NO dipstick! I have to guess at the oil quantity. I have been wrenching long enough to know that is VERY unreliable!
If I had the proper manuals , at least I would know the correct specs & quantities. Plus all of the measurements & specs are in metrics (?) Any help would be appreciated! I'll buy whatever is needed if I can get them! Thanks Again! Irish
P.S. I originally ordered a Snow Leopard (No Backorder) but it was backordered & a trade off was made with the seller (SaferWholeSale.com)(Thieves & scamartists)

Old 01-08-2015, 05:25 PM   #6

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/...d=2&model=4485

Isn't that a sight glass on the lower side of the case? Does yours have one to check the oil level?

http://www.wikihow.com/Change-the-Oi...a-Virago-XV250
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:13 PM   #7

Sight Gauge

I don't think that mine has a sight gauge! I hope that it does!! Like you said CLONE! I'll let you know tomorrow when I can see something hopefully. Irish
P.S. Thanks VERY much for your research!!!!
Old 01-09-2015, 01:41 PM   #8

Sight Gauge!

I "THINK" that I found a sight gauge! Unfortunatly , it is so cloudy , that you can't see anything. Today is pretty much shot as my wife wants me to go with her to the Vet because her 14yr old cat will probably have to be put down & she is to chicken to handle it & I've done it with dogs before. I'm not a cat person but I see no sense in letting anything suffer needlessly! I think that I'll go by the Yamaha Dealer & get a new filter & drain the oil & refill with the proper amount! It may cost some money but at least I'll know that the proper quantity is in there. Thanks Again! I'm running into the problem of a trike frame blocking things that are easily accessable on a two-wheeler. Irish
P.S. I've already got some Mobil1. I assume that's OK!
Old 01-23-2015, 11:50 AM   #9

I'm all set now. I traded in my 2014 Road Warrior on a 2006 Sportster 1200cc Trike!
I was used to more power anyway , plus I think the Road Warrior had a lot of other
problems (transmission , etc.) I'm a mechanic but at 70 yrs old , I want to RIDE , not fix things! Irish
P.S. It has a manual!
Old 02-27-2015, 09:11 AM   #10

Just to help anyone! I wanted to get a service manual for the Harley Trike. The Harley Dealer wanted approx. $60 for a service manual! I found one an Amazon for a lot less money. If anyone wants a manual they might want to check around. Irish