Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 08-02-2015, 12:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby1331 View Post
Was wondering my fellow members how ofter do you see other scooter riders in your area. Not motorcycles just other scooters. Just was wondering cause I do not see many where I live in Metro-Detroit. Everyone likes their Chevy/Chryslers/Fords. Well at least I will be the only one around town
I see a lot of motorcycles & scooters around the Melbourne Florida area. There are MANY repair shops & Dealers around here , that probably is part of the reason but I see a lot of BOTH in other areas also. Irish

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #17

I have found the same thing! It seems like more motorcyclists wave than scooter riders do. That's just what I've noticed around THIS area. Irish
Old 08-02-2015, 12:34 PM   #18

Scooters

In the last year I've only seen 5 but I know there must be more because just the dealer I bought my Smax from sells a lot of scooters. The DFW area has many types of scooter dealers. There has to be Thousands of scooter around this area I've just haven't seen many. Most smaller scoot won't be driving on these crazy Interstates , toll roads, very crowed Hwy's. There are many ways to get around & out of this area with having to be around that 70+ mph Cagers.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:45 AM   #19

Sometimes I think that it has to do with the climate. In N.H.-I saw a lot of motorcycles but VERY few scooters. In Florida I see both but I would say more scooters. Irish

Last edited by Irish; 08-04-2015 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Letter left out!
Old 09-11-2015, 12:00 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpdog View Post
I see that quite often in scoots compared to cycles. We don't have the sense of a community among scooters yet. That's why we have forums and clubs and such to bring scooters together. Funny, though, I have seen Harley riders acknowledge scooters with waves. Who'd have thunk it???
I just received the NEW HOG magazine. In it there is an article on waving. It says that no matter what is being ridden (even scooters ), you should ALWAYS wave because there is a brotherhood among riders! I ride a 2006 Sportster 1200 W/ trike kit & I have noticed that it's usually scooter riders that don't wave back. Not all but the majority. Irish