Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 02-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #16

Either I leave the house looking like an Imperial Stormtrooper or I'm not leaving.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-05-2013, 01:13 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by spandi View Post
Either I leave the house looking like an Imperial Stormtrooper or I'm not leaving.
Hi
Get this my friend and make that statement into a reality

http://udreplicas.com/index.php?option=com_content&id=61
Take care and ride safely dearest friend
Yours Hank

Last edited by inuyasha; 02-05-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #18

I always thought they should make helmets out of those storm troopers/Darth Vader.. LOL.
Can you imagine riding around on a starwars racer modified motorcycle, with a helmet on like this?

LOL!!

I'm only worried about peripheral vision, which seems to be not so very big with these helmets...

Old 02-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #19

I got most of my gear from Leatherup.com, I went down in August on nearly dry roads, scooter skidded 20-ish feet, I skidded a bit less.
The truck behind me did not run me over, and he stopped to see if I was ok, which I was.
Bent the left mirror extender, rubbed a flat spot on the left brake lever, rubbed a little pain off the front fender and the lower left body work.
I was wearing a backpack on top of a jacket, gloves and helmet - the backpack probably kept me from touching the ground with my helmet.
I got only a wet azz, not to wet to keep me from making it to work on time.

My tires are good, but the spot is heavily trafficked by semi and dump trucks along with plenty of cages. There is a Peter-built shop right there. Some of every automotive chemical on that intersection and a bit of moisture.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #20

makes you think twice before buying expensive scooters...

Old 02-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spandi View Post
I like that. Me too

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing
Old 02-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsteve92xj View Post
I got most of my gear from Leatherup.com, I went down in August on nearly dry roads, scooter skidded 20-ish feet, I skidded a bit less.
The truck behind me did not run me over, and he stopped to see if I was ok, which I was.
Bent the left mirror extender, rubbed a flat spot on the left brake lever, rubbed a little pain off the front fender and the lower left body work.
I was wearing a backpack on top of a jacket, gloves and helmet - the backpack probably kept me from touching the ground with my helmet.
I got only a wet azz, not to wet to keep me from making it to work on time.

My tires are good, but the spot is heavily trafficked by semi and dump trucks along with plenty of cages. There is a Peter-built shop right there. Some of every automotive chemical on that intersection and a bit of moisture.
Hi
So very happy and relieved that you werent injured
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank
Old 09-08-2015, 11:27 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheviking666 View Post
Well it may not be safe, but you'll find when you get to Florida most people ride in shorts and sandals, especially in the summer time. Not saying it's right, but you'll pass out from heatstroke sitting on a bike stopped in traffic, on hot asphalt, in July in full leathers. It's just not always an option here unless you're on a long ride at continuous speeds without a lot of stopping. It's a chance you take some do, some don't but you can pass out from the heat sitting in traffic.
I recently moved to Florida from N.H. & the thing that I worry most about is what is that heat doing to my air-cooled engine at those ridiculosly(sp?) long traffic lights! I have actually seen people riding with a full helmet , leather jacket , shorts & sneakers! Irish