Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > Free Classifieds > Wanted

Old 04-29-2018, 10:34 AM   #1

Yamaha Vino 2T clone (Venice-style) front shock absorbers

where can I get replacements for the two small (205 mm) shock absorbers on the front fork that uses the trailing arm suspension?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-29-2018, 08:07 PM   #2

Yamaha does not sell them separate? I never checked online. You need just the shocks for a 2 stroke Vino? Let me look in the garage. Please note they are VERY soft from new! I may have a set.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:11 PM   #3

If you still have my number? Text me and I will send you the pics of the shocks. You saved then from the metal scrap man! In excellent shape, low miles. FREE! Off a 03? Vino 2 stroke. Need anything else? I may have other parts in the metal scrap pile.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:15 PM   #4

Oh, youre someone else! Sorry for assuming I talked to you already. Anyways, they are yours if ya want them. I sent you a PM. Hit me up.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:30 PM   #5

Holy cow! Yamaha wants stupid money for them! Funk dat! FREE to you. Again, anything else parts wise ask... I know I have a mint stock de-restricted exhaust from a 2 stroke Vino. Wheels, front/rear, no dings, original tires. TnG scooters used to sell nice quality CHROME wheels that fit the Vino. Was going to have these chromed but got Daytona rims instead. Other stuff Im forgetting????

Old 04-30-2018, 10:47 AM   #6

no new aftermarkets available in this size?

I need to be more clear. The scooter I fixed up (Rad2Go Milan 50) has functioning front shocks, but they are pretty squishy. With all the fancy after-market shocks I see out there for the rear shocks on scooters, motorcycles, ATV's etc, I have been surprised that I can't find some new, stiffer shocks, not just OEM-type replacements.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:05 AM   #7

We never found any stiffer options for the Vino we tuned, so the owner swapped out RRGS forks on it. Very expensive but money well spent in the long run. Still need to space the forks a bit better because the disc brake fitting is TIGHT! Stock stuff will be around for another month before the scrap man gets them.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:30 PM   #8

will text you about the stock shocks.

I found these on Amazon, need to double check the measurements, they are 200 mm instead of 205 mm, but otherwise the bolt holes look like they will fit. Designed to be rear shocks on a child's size dirt bike, Yamaha PW50 Y-Zinger. Only question is will they be stiffer? Right now, I think the main problem with my existing shocks is that the hydraulic dampers are shot, so really all they are now is springs with a guide rod.

For $32 for the pair it might be worth a roll of the dice. At the very least, they will look nicer than the old rusted ones.

https://www.amazon.com/Dolity-Absorb...shock+absorber