Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 09-22-2018, 12:15 PM   #1

Right main jet for new intake and exhaust

Hi everyone. Another main jet post.
So I purchased a new performance exhaust and unifilter for my Wolf 150 scooter (ZNEN make). I also purchased a set of main Jets and could use some help choosing the right one. My scooter came with a 106 main jet stock. I live in Washington state and am at sea level.

I started with a 110 main jet when I installed the other parts. I have noticed what feels like a loss of power although that could be in my head. What isn't in my head is the noise I'm getting on deceleration. I'm getting some popping and generally braap noise when I let off the throttle.

I am brand new to performance and turning my own wrench. I am relying on YouTube and this forum. The scooter is brand new (1,500 miles on it) and prior to this ran great (looking for more power and top speed like everyone else).

Alright scootdawgs. Help a girl out. What size main jet should I be starting with and what else should I look out for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-23-2018, 10:22 AM   #2

Anybody?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2018, 07:59 AM   #3

Can't say what will work the best on your scooter. Too many variables for anyone to give you a direct answer. Jetting is a trial and error type of deal.

In my case a 115 has worked out very well, with just an airbox delete..... replaced with a K&N cone filter......stock exhaust is still intact.

I would suggest you get an assortment pack of jets. With both intake and exhaust mods, you might start with a 120. Take the scoot up the street, if it runs fine at low throttle settings, but starts to bog/fall on it's face, at half throttle or higher, it's too rich, and main jet size will need to be reduced. Go down one size and try again. You'll want to go down in size, just enough to get rid of the bogging at high throttle settings.

My best "guess" for your case.....somewhere between 115, and 120.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-25-2018, 11:26 AM   #4

What you are gonna have to do is learn to read the sparkplug.

Find a open stretch where you can get a good 500 feet or so full throttle run. Run it wide open, turn the engine off but don't let off the throttle. Coast to a stop and pull the spark plug out. Helps to have a 2nd plug to install so you can get somewhere safe to read the other one.