Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 02-18-2018, 11:05 AM   #1

For those in the northern climate, who's ready for spring!

We have had a few "teaser" days in the low 60's lately, and I did get my scoot out and carefully run a few errands with her. Lots of gravel and grit on the roads from the salt/cinder/sand mix they use when it snows here. So lots of "marbles" on the roads right now. I am ready for a some heavy rain to wash it away and warmer temps so I can ride more. Tired of driving my pickup truck! Who else is ready for the 2018 riding season to arrive for those of us in the snow belt? Mike the Aspie

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-19-2018, 07:09 PM   #2

I think a lot of us have the itch. We had temps into the 50's last Thursday....got my scoot out, and rode 33 miles. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the upper 60's with showers.....just might have it out again, if there is enough dry time.

The roads are a mess as you stated. Just take it slow, dodge the pot holes, and be mindful of the excessive sand on the pavement...especially at the intersections.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:15 PM   #3

Supposed to be close to 70 here in NY tomorrow. I like winter until about December 31st... after that I can't WAIT for spring. lmao

Old 02-21-2018, 11:57 AM   #4

We had the 70's yesterday here in the western part of the state. I've been able to get out 3 times in the last 7 days, covering a total of 101 miles. The scooter is a mess from the road spray...but it will wash.

Old 02-22-2018, 03:19 PM   #5

Exclamation

Having spent MANY yrs in NH , I will remind people of what has already been stated! They use sand on the roads there & in the spring it's on roadsides & intersections. My buddy was to drunk to ride his bike home once , so good old Irish was going to take him home He was behindme & passed out. The bike slid in the sand & one of his ridiculous tall mirrors broke my collarbone! Word of warning--Watch out for the sand & don't be Mr. Nice Guy! Irish

Old 02-28-2018, 07:35 AM   #6

I had the scoot out yesterday, and the day before. Taking it out again this morning for a 30 mile coffee run....supposed to get into the upper 50's today. Several inches of snow coming by Friday....back to reality. I'm going to go, make hay while the sun is shinning.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:56 PM   #7

I made a couple of short trips today... not many scooters around here and I swear I get more looks and comments on it than the Harley I use to have.