Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 07-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper650 View Post
Fortunately, I can say ME!

Several job changes were involved though.
That's not a pay raise, that's a move upwards in economic mobility. I'm saying for those in the same job did you get a steady increase in pay to offset inflation? Government jobs ironically enough used to not pay all that well. Private sector roundly beat government pay. But many government jobs were mandated by a long time ago law to maintain a wage level consistent with the inflation rate, COLA cost of living adjustments.

So a 2% raise every year was about all you'd expect. Really not all that much. It's actually slightly less than the average inflation rate. So basically the same government sector job that in years past paid less than the same equivalent job, now pays more simply because the wages for the private sector stagnated since the 1970's.

And it's not because the work is any less valuable, but that people basically allowed this to happen to themselves in the name of the "free market". According to the rule of 32, 2% inflation a year will cut your effective wages in half in just 16 years. So people who vote for tax cuts for corporations and millionaires have no business complaining their jobs don't pay enough.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #17

I guess moving upwards in economic mobility is the way to go!!