Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 01-29-2018, 10:13 AM   #1

Quieting scooter down

I have a 2017 Bintelli Fury 150 scooter (made by jiajue), less than 3000 miles.
I live in a apartment complex, people hear are complaining it is too loud. Is there any way to make it purr like a kitten.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-29-2018, 06:20 PM   #2

Going easy on the throttle is the cheapest way to make your scoot quieter.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:23 AM   #3

Thanks but we have a 5 MPH speed limit, throttle is no problem.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:28 AM   #4

Get a wet hand towel or rag. Start the scooter. Plug the end of the exhaust off with firm pressure. The scooter should stall in a few seconds. If it continues to run you have a leak in the exhaust system.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:33 AM   #5

If the exhaust is stock and not leaking they don't make much noise. A single cylinder engine though is hard to make less noticeable because of the nature of the single pulse. I suppose you could push it to the parking lot before starting it and aim the exhaust away from occupied areas. I doubt it's any louder than the lawn care equipment they must use around the place or other normal traffic noises.
If it's old ladies complaining there isn't much you can do, they have to complain about something, it's their nature.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:52 PM   #6

It's 150cc scooter, how loud can it be? I looked on YouTube to get an idea how they sound, but every damn video on that scooter is set to music. Can you upload a video?
Old 02-03-2018, 12:13 PM   #7

Stock mufflers usually aren't very loud.
* An exhaust leak would make the bike louder.
* Buying it second hand from someone who put a piece of shit performance exhaust muffler on it (instead of the OEM engine muffler), would make the bike louder.
* Seldom mentioned in here, but a leak in the PAIR system hoses will also make the bike louder.
* A leak in the air intake system, before the carburetor, will also make the bike louder.
None of these defects would noticeably affect engine power, either (even the "performance" exhaust, on a 4-stroke machine they don't really impact engine operation).
Old 02-06-2018, 02:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
Stock mufflers usually aren't very loud.
* An exhaust leak would make the bike louder.
* Buying it second hand from someone who put a piece of shit performance exhaust muffler on it (instead of the OEM engine muffler), would make the bike louder.
* Seldom mentioned in here, but a leak in the PAIR system hoses will also make the bike louder.
* A leak in the air intake system, before the carburetor, will also make the bike louder.
None of these defects would noticeably affect engine power, either (even the "performance" exhaust, on a 4-stroke machine they don't really impact engine operation).
They would LOVE my bike (2006 1200 Sportster with a trike kit) I have a( piece of shit ) performance exhaust system that the previous owner installed. My outlook is "They got used to me in NH with straight pipes! They can get used to me in my retirement village in Fla" Either that or give me the money for a NEW exhaust! The bike is basically (except for my mods ) the way that I got it at the dealer. Irish
PS I beg to differ that a "performance" exhaust system doesn't impact engine operation! I built MANY a drag bike ( in NH) & I had time slips to back up my thought! We have a 15 MPH speed limit in the retirement community.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:11 AM   #9

When I first starting tuning 2 strokes I ended up with a loud expansion chamber exhaust. I didnt exactly conform to the neighborhoods wishes to "be quieter" and starting getting the sidewalls of my tires slit. Never caught the person(s) responsible but eventually put something more quiet on it, and parked it in the back of my van.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
When I first starting tuning 2 strokes I ended up with a loud expansion chamber exhaust. I didnt exactly conform to the neighborhoods wishes to "be quieter" and starting getting the sidewalls of my tires slit. Never caught the person(s) responsible but eventually put something more quiet on it, and parked it in the back of my van.
Expansion chambers make a HUGE difference if you are tuning a tuned two stroke. Unfortunately they are VERY loud & you can't have your cake & eat it too! Basically they suck the fired exhaust out of the engine & allow it to turn a higher RPM! Irish
Old 02-10-2018, 09:42 PM   #11

I have had good luck with just adding a street 70cc bbk and jetting to a pretty much stock motor, including stock exhaust, without to much more noise. Plus, the police in the know wont ticket you for a expansion exhaust. But, as always happens, I end up tuning it to get "just a bit more" out of the bbk. Believe it or not, but sometimes the intake system can be just as loud as the expansion chamber! Joys of a 2 stroke.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:57 AM   #12

I have had the cheaply built mufflers on the Asian scooters fall apart internally making them run louder. Might just need a new muffler and gasket. Our 150cc scoots we had one time were very quiet. Mike the Aspie
Old 02-26-2018, 11:41 PM   #13

Update found one Fastener that hold exhaust to engine one stud missing nut on other missing, Guess I do have a leaking exhaust system.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:52 AM   #14

Maybe you should get an e-scooter?
I found one here https://www.friendcentive.com/campai...Z4aLXkGZMcmdmf
It like voting competition based on your pitch with 1$ entering fee.
And my friend won an echo dot there so i'm sure it's not a scam.

Tags
muffler, silencer