Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 04-23-2024, 09:51 AM   #1

I hate doing blind diagnostics, as in, your'e there and I'm here. So anyways:
You have spark.
Air (is the air filter supposed to be oiled or is it a dry filter?).

I've had a Zuma flood like what you described. It turned out to be a bad float. It got warped a bit and was hanging up. Just thought it was dumb because it didn't really give me any warning.

I've also had a bad spring in the spark plug boot cap. It would randomly loose contact. Zuma's when modded love to beat the boot cap up. Cracked boot, contact inside cap breaking free from wire as well. We learned how to bullet proof them.

The way you described the sudden no start is hard to guess on. So, I'll go farther.

Is the scooter stock?
Modded? What was done if modded?
Is it beat-up or well kept?
How many miles?
Is it the air cooled or liquid cooled version?

Only other thing that pops in my head, and I highly doubt this, is a compression issue. Like it somehow got a soft seize. Again, highly doubt it. Those Aprillia scooters run a version of a Minarelli motor, and they are very reliable motors. I'll ask a friend his opinion if I see him. He was my riding buddy until we both kinda walked away from 2-strokes. I might be stupid though and pick up either a moped or a new Genuine RH50 though.

Login or Register to Remove Ads