Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 11-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #16

I used to be an Asst. Mgr for a Discount Tire and they are just way too "by the book." None of their equipment is rated for scooter / motorcycle tires and they don't like to touch stuff they can't fix for liability reasons. My buddy still works there and I ordered my scooter tires from him for a good price just had to have them installed elsewhere. Sorry you had that experience. If it were me I would have plugged it. They just have weird rules.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-23-2013, 01:54 AM   #17

Some you can go up 10mm wider if you have the clearances . Here is a visual calculator to compare two diff sizes with http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php

The 130/60/13 has plenty of tire choices . Here is a site with many listed http://www.motorcycletire.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?

I would use the same size F&R . You have to have the tire deflated in order to mount it .

I also like to run a matched set instead of new with an old and of diff tread pattern
Old 02-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #18
Banned

i have the stock tires but i wil be buying some michelins soon for better grip, i dont trust the china tires

Login or Register to Remove Ads