Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > The Dawg Pound

Old 01-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #1

Any Coffee Drinkers (II)

After Danno shared his joy on the discovery of French Press Coffee and others began to share their passion for the topic I shared my life with Coffee which started around age 3 according to 8mm silent home movies (that was before VCR's and Digital Video). If coffee stunts your growth then it was probably a good thing in my case as Brooks Brothers has turned me down for fittings when they see my numbers 6' tall, 48/50 long jacket, 38" sleeves, 36" waist with a 31" inseam. Obviously my parents fault since they let me drink coffee as a toddler...

I drink a Mayorgan 100% wind processed organic dark roast ground fresh with the large Cuisinart burr grinder and brewed in one of several ways. Automatic drip using the strong setting, 18 Bar Espresso machine, stainless steel stove top perculator, Melitta single cup drip cone or any one of 4 different stainless steel Italian stove top Espresso pots.

For a heart healthy diet I use a paper filter in the drip makers and perculators to limit the hard oils that get extracted using only brown paper filters and save the Espresso for special occasions.

Once every month or so I fine grind a cup of cheap organic rice in the grinder to clean out the burs and grinding chambers. Will make a chocolate mocha pudding with the rice after the cleaning.

When I am in the mood I will custom roast my coffee on cookie sheets in the oven for an Ahuey Arabi.

http://www.mayorgacoffee.com/

Don't drink chemically processed mountain dirt coffee myself. Trying to get a bit closer to nature there.

Read more: http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index...#ixzz2IxGCR4pM

Who else loves coffee?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #2

I got hooked when I started working at the Violin shop. We had the best coffee money could buy and an espresso machine so we could offer our customers a tiny cup or have ourselves one when we felt like one. One day we noticed that it seemed.like we were wasting very expensive coffee by reloading it for a shot and figured what the heck might as well just brew a whole mug of it to drink... well now when I make coffee no one can drink but me. My current boss figures we could pave with it. I do notice he has a cup anyway from time to time. I do drink it black as I quit drinking warm milk when I was 2.

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing
Old 01-25-2013, 02:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockynv View Post
After Danno shared his joy on the discovery of French Press Coffee and others began to share their passion for the topic I shared my life with Coffee which started around age 3 according to 8mm silent home movies (that was before VCR's and Digital Video). If coffee stunts your growth then it was probably a good thing in my case as Brooks Brothers has turned me down for fittings when they see my numbers 6' tall, 48/50 long jacket, 38" sleeves, 36" waist with a 31" inseam. Obviously my parents fault since they let me drink coffee as a toddler...

I drink a Mayorgan 100% wind processed organic dark roast ground fresh with the large Cuisinart burr grinder and brewed in one of several ways. Automatic drip using the strong setting, 18 Bar Espresso machine, stainless steel stove top perculator, Melitta single cup drip cone or any one of 4 different stainless steel Italian stove top Espresso pots.

For a heart healthy diet I use a paper filter in the drip makers and perculators to limit the hard oils that get extracted using only brown paper filters and save the Espresso for special occasions.

Once every month or so I fine grind a cup of cheap organic rice in the grinder to clean out the burs and grinding chambers. Will make a chocolate mocha pudding with the rice after the cleaning.

When I am in the mood I will custom roast my coffee on cookie sheets in the oven for an Ahuey Arabi.

Don't drink chemically processed mountain dirt coffee myself. Trying to get a bit closer to nature there.

Read more: http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index...#ixzz2IxGCR4pM

Who else loves coffee?
Hey Rocky,

Thanks for restarting this thread.....well sort of anyway.....The original is lost somewhere in deep cyberspace.

I'm interested in this comment
"For a heart healthy diet I use a paper filter in the drip makers and perculators to limit the hard oils that get extracted using only brown paper filters and save the Espresso for special occasions."

Are you saying the oils are unhealthy? I thought they added to the taste.

Danno

Old 01-25-2013, 04:13 AM   #4

I doubt coffee oils are contributing to people's ill health. Certainly that's like having a diet coke to go with your Big Mac and Fries. As in you're not really doing all that much to help.

Unsaturated plant based oils aren't really all that bad for you in moderate amounts. And in coffee the oils in a cup certainly are only the tiniest amount. I mean everyone pretty much agrees olive oil is pretty healthy. Just don't start deep frying in the stuff and try to fool yourself that a deep fried piece of chicken is any healthier because you fried it in olive oil.

Personally I don't mind getting the full flavor of coffee in my espresso, so no filter for me. Plus I can feel good that I'm not throwing away a paper filter every time I make a coffee. Believe me most of the rest of the world thinks America is weird for preferring watered down, over filtered, coffee. People claim to want full flavored coffee but scoff at the true fuller flavor offered by a strong method like espresso or French press.

What I find really funny is that a lot of people are really off put by having a little coffee sediment at the bottom of their cup, accepted as part of a normal coffee everywhere else, but have little qualms about consuming low quality and chemically treated coffee. As if that little chemically bleached paper filter is helping them out in those areas.

Last edited by qwertydude; 01-25-2013 at 04:21 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno711 View Post
Hey Rocky,

Thanks for restarting this thread.....well sort of anyway.....The original is lost somewhere in deep cyberspace.

I'm interested in this comment
"For a heart healthy diet I use a paper filter in the drip makers and perculators to limit the hard oils that get extracted using only brown paper filters and save the Espresso for special occasions."

Are you saying the oils are unhealthy? I thought they added to the taste.

Danno
I am going by a lecture given by Dr. Isadore Rosenthal on health where he covered coffee. He mentioned that you could drink all the filtered coffee you wanted if you didn't have diabetes or a heart condition as there were antioxident properties in coffee that did promote good health and could help prevent many ailments including diabeties. However unfiltered coffee had many oils and acids that over time could build up cortisol levels in the blood stream leading to hardening of the cell membranes and resistance to insulin along with plaquing of the arteries. Don't remember all the details but that was the gist of it. There is a brief blurb out on Fox News with the short answer by him on the direct impact on the heart as regards caffine however that does not address the acids and oils that are covered in the complete ansewer.

On the various oils in coffee, the temperature at which they are released along with their impact on flavor my kid brother is the one to talk to. At culinary school he won an Award of Excellence from the National Restaraunt Association for his coffee brewing skills. His award for being able to bone out a whole chicken in less than 30 seconds would caution you not to startle him in a dark alley.

The other thread is not lost that is why I provided the "Read More" link to it in my first post.

Last edited by rockynv; 01-25-2013 at 04:47 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #6

I once reduced my coffee intake as the health issues that was promoted by silly writers that do not use science to base their opinions.
I only pay attention to articals that list their refferences, so I can back check facts and figures.

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2012/...enefits_01.htm
One of the best articals I ever read and fact checked.
Enjoy your coffee, it IS a health drink!!

We've had a french press for many years now, we have had expresso machines, heck we even vacationed in Jamacia to dring BlueMountain coffee once many years ago.
Just this year we bought a Kureig as the old pot died.
We both love the coffee from it. Every cup fresh and perfect, all in a few minutes of time.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockynv View Post
I am going by a lecture given by Dr. Isadore Rosenthal on health where he covered coffee. He mentioned that you could drink all the filtered coffee you wanted if you didn't have diabetes or a heart condition as there were antioxident properties in coffee that did promote good health and could help prevent many ailments including diabeties. However unfiltered coffee had many oils and acids that over time could build up cortisol levels in the blood stream leading to hardening of the cell membranes and resistance to insulin along with plaquing of the arteries. Don't remember all the details but that was the gist of it. There is a brief blurb out on Fox News with the short answer by him on the direct impact on the heart as regards caffine however that does not address the acids and oils that are covered in the complete ansewer.

On the various oils in coffee, the temperature at which they are released along with their impact on flavor my kid brother is the one to talk to. At culinary school he won an Award of Excellence from the National Restaraunt Association for his coffee brewing skills. His award for being able to bone out a whole chicken in less than 30 seconds would caution you not to startle him in a dark alley.

The other thread is not lost that is why I provided the "Read More" link to it in my first post.

What I meant was it was lost on its way over here. Most threads got transferred that one did not.

Regarding health issues. It's my personal belief that much of the illness in this country can be traced back to all the chemicals we now add to our food. I'm certainly no expert like Dr. Isadore Rosenthal. I'm certainly not capable of disputing is claims in any sort of intelligent way, but, if its natural, i'm ok with it.

My philosophy is if I'm putting foods or liquids in my body that has not been doused with chemicals...and it taste better....I'm ok with that. Personally, I think its all these chemicals that are added in the name of profit that are making lots of people sick
Old 01-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #8

Here is the original thread preserved with the senseless censor attempt perpetrated on snugglebunny by danno and all the other goodies.
I'll take it down if the OP here or more than 3 other people think I should

ScootDawg Scooter Forum :: ScootDawg's Scooter Forum a.k.a. The Dawg Pound :: General Discussion(NO SCOOTER TOPICS) :: Any coffee drinkers?

Author Topic: Any coffee drinkers? (Read 141 times)
danno711
Great Big Guru Dawg

Any coffee drinkers?
« Thread Started on Jan 23, 2013, 2:51pm »
I've recently discovered the world of French Press coffee.
I've become convinced there is no better way to enjoy coffee than fresh whole bean coffee prepared using a French Press. If you're a coffee drinker, and you have never experienced Fresh Press prepared coffee, you don't know what you're missing.

French Press coffee makers are relativity inexpensive...$20-$30 will get you one at Wal Mart or Target. Whole Bean coffee is more expensive and you'll need to have a good "burr grinder" because they produce larger coffee grounds which prevents seepage through the press filter and into the coffee.

There a couple of reasons why French Press is the superior way to brew coffee. Coffee is best brewed at temperatures between 190-200
degrees. With a drip coffee maker, the water takes time to get to that temperature. Many coffee makers don't even get to that temperature.Consequently, much of your coffee is being brewed at temperatures that are much lower than what's best. Warm water instead of hot water will produce bitter tasting coffee.

Second, the coffee grounds which are fresh and not weeks even months old, remain in direct contact with the brewing water. With a drip coffee maker, the grounds are separated from the water by a paper filter.

With the French Press method,the hot water is in constant contact with the coffee grounds. This captures more of the coffee's flavor and it's essential oils. With the drip brew method, the paper filter will trapped those oils and separate the grounds from the water.

Once you've tasted it, you'll never want a cup of coffee from a drip coffee maker again.

It noticeable has a smoother taste...there's no bitterness at all.

Lykos
Great Big Dawg

Re: Any coffee drinkers?
« Reply #1 on Jan 23, 2013, 3:00pm »
I love drinking coffee; I go through about a pot a day. Thanks for sharing, Danno! I'm definitely going to have to look into getting one of these. The concept is brilliant.

I use about a tablespoon of sugar with each cup and lots o' vanilla soy milk just to combat the bitterness. If this works you might've saved me from a future of diabetes! (which actually does run in my family.)

What is your favorite brand or flavor coffee bean? I've noticed there are all different kinds at the store.

snugglebunny
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #2 on Jan 23, 2013, 3:17pm »
been drinking folgers for about 25-30 years.
sometimes i put a 1/2 tsp of nestle quick in.
wont even think about any other coffee

inuyasha
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #3 on Jan 23, 2013, 3:18pm »
Hi
I run on coffee

No_I_Havent_Had_my_coffee_yet by inuyasha50, on Flickr
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

qwertydude
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #4 on Jan 23, 2013, 3:20pm »
I like espresso myself. It requires more specialized equipment like a special grinder but I use a Hario Ceramic hand grinder that I modified with a ball bearing support. It took me a lot of experimenting to figure out what works best for me using two different brewing methods, Moka Pot and steam powered espresso makers, similar but the steam espresso maker has better temperature control. But the way it really works is there's a difference between bitterness and acidity that many people don't understand in coffee.

People seem to be afraid of darker roasts claiming they're more bitter but darker roasts aren't any more bitter than lighter roasts when brewed properly. But one thing is lighter roasts will always be more acidic, they also happen to have the most complex flavor so trying to balance the acidity with the flavor makes for a difficult french press extraction of lighter roasts. Try using the french press with different roast level coffee to see how it affects it.

Now one thing is temperature and extraction time greatly affects coffee quality. Espresso has the advantage of using a constant temperature and forcing the water through finely ground coffee at high pressure. This allows maximum flavor extraction and the controlled temperature and quick 20-30 second extraction prevents many of the bitterest compounds from being extracted as they tend to come out after the coffee extraction time of 20-30 seconds for espresso. A moka pot on the other hand extracts for a much longer time so you get more bitter espresso. And then if you want to get regular strength coffee you just mix in espresso with hot water to make an Americano, and when you do that you get full flavor coffee with the same caffeine content but much less bitter and the dark roast minimizes acidity. That's the beauty of properly made espresso. It's flexible.

I've found my favorite combination is using my Mr. Coffee ECM-160 steam powered espresso maker with finely fresh ground on the spot Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf French Roast Coffee beans. It's available at Costco in bulk amounts very inexpensively. You still need a tamper and grinder though to complete the full espresso production process. But doing so I definitely can enjoy capuccinos of much higher quality than available in Starbucks.

danno711
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #5 on Jan 23, 2013, 3:47pm »

Jan 23, 2013, 3:00pm, Lykos wrote:
I use about a tablespoon of sugar with each cup and lots o' vanilla soy milk just to combat the bitterness. If this works you might've saved me from a future of diabetes! (which actually does run in my family.)

That's what most people do is hide the bitterness with sugar/milk/cream etc...That's not really what drinking coffee should be about

Quote:
What is your favorite brand or flavor coffee bean? I've noticed there are all different kinds at the store.

This week I bought a small 1lb bag from Krogers (local store).
It's 100% Colombian..medium dark..it was $4.50

I'm really starting to spoil myself though. I found this website that sells fresh coffee beans from all around the world.
Take a look....Last week I ordered a 1lb bag from Columbia and one from Honduras....I haven't received it yet! Can't wait!
When that runs out, I'll order from another part of the world....pretty cool. The KOPI from Hawaii iS $125! lol.....don't think I'll be ordering from there any time soon! I can't imagine anyone spending $125 for a pound of coffee...but I want so bad to try it!

snugglebunny
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #6 on Jan 23, 2013, 3:50pm »

Jan 23, 2013, 3:47pm, danno711 wrote:

That's what most people do is hide the bitterness with sugar/milk/cream etc...That's not really what drinking coffee should be about

Quote:

I'm really starting to spoil myself though. I found this website that sells fresh coffee beans from all around the world.
Take a look....Last week I ordered a 1lb bag from Columbia and one from Honduras....When that runs out, I'll order from another part of the world....pretty cool. The KOPI from Hawaii iS $125! lol.....don't think I'll be ordering from there any time soon! I can't imagine anyone spending $125 for a pound of coffee...but I want so bad to try it!

sorry to hijack but
how the F do you do that
where u have the words this website in blue and it goes to that site

danno711
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #7 on Jan 23, 2013, 3:52pm »

Jan 23, 2013, 3:50pm, snugglebunny wrote:
"sorry to hijack but
how the F do you do that
where u have the words this website in blue and it goes to that site"

I'll tell you if you take the vulgar fake word (F) out....

tvnacman
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #8 on Jan 23, 2013, 3:53pm »
I like a strong coffee , I griinding just before making in the press . I dont take any sweetner . I like to add about 1 to 2oz of flavored beans to the batch of beans just for a hint . Boil stir cover for 4 min stir once more press add skim milk .
DONE !!!!!

John

snugglebunny
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #9 on Jan 23, 2013, 3:56pm »

Jan 23, 2013, 3:50pm, snugglebunny wrote:
sorry to hijack but
how the F do you do that
where u have the words this website in blue and it goes to that site

Jan 23, 2013, 3:52pm, danno711 wrote:

sorry NO ONE tells me how to talk
at least i dont spell the word out
i really think its one of my constitutional rights
id rather not do it then cow to anyone
thanks

danno711
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #10 on Jan 23, 2013, 3:57pm »

Jan 23, 2013, 3:53pm, tvnacman wrote:
I like a strong coffee , I griinding just before making in the press . I dont take any sweetner . I like to add about 1 to 2oz of flavored beans to the batch of beans just for a hint . Boil stir cover for 4 min stir once more press add skim milk .
DONE !!!!!

John

I was with ya until I read ....ADD the skim milk!

But really it's a matter of ones own taste....No one is right or wrong.

But, many have never tried French Press...They don't know what they're missing....Some may still like their store bought brand, after trying it. I know for me it was a big difference

danno711
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #11 on Jan 23, 2013, 3:59pm »

Jan 23, 2013, 3:52pm, danno711 wrote:

Jan 23, 2013, 3:56pm, snugglebunny wrote:
thanks

Not a matter of anyone's Constitutional Rights, it's just a matter of being considerate of others.

Thanks

snugglebunny
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #12 on Jan 23, 2013, 4:02pm »

thanks

Jan 23, 2013, 3:59pm, danno711 wrote:
Not a matter of anyone's Constitutional Rights, it's just a matter of being considerate of others.

Thanks

see YOUR mind must be in the gutter
Freak is a vulgar word!!!!!!!!!!!
thats what i meant
but u ASS U MED

you were never in the service huh?

inuyasha
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #13 on Jan 23, 2013, 4:02pm »

thanks

Thanks

Hi Danno
Im with you
Im an old salt and can swear with the best of them but theres a time and a place for that and this isnt it
Yours Hank

qwertydude
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #14 on Jan 23, 2013, 4:03pm »

Quote:

Take a look....Last week I ordered a 1lb bag from Columbia and one from Honduras....I haven't received it yet! Can't wait!
When that runs out, I'll order from another part of the world....pretty cool. The KOPI from Hawaii iS $125! lol.....don't think I'll be ordering from there any time soon! I can't imagine anyone spending $125 for a pound of coffee...but I want so bad to try it!

Kopi coffee is I believe specifically Kopi Luwak. That's the weird civet poop harvested coffee. It might be better to buy Coffee Primero Magic Cat if you want to experience what the Kopi Luwak coffee imparts as to flavor without the somewhat dubious and animal unfriendly nature associated with traditional Kopi Luwak flavor.

Plus you might not like it and would feel you wasted your money. Independent blind taste tests have judged the expensive Kopi Luwak coffee to be thinner with less body. So really I think hyper expensive cat poop coffee is just that all hype. But a lot of the hype can make people think that it has to be good because it costs so much. I always try to divorce myself from those kinds of influences and judge anything as independent from influence as possible.

danno711
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #15 on Jan 23, 2013, 4:07pm »

Jan 23, 2013, 4:02pm, inuyasha wrote:

Thanks

Hi Danno
Im with you
Im an old salt and can swear with the best of them but theres a time and a place for that and this isnt it
Yours Hank

It's just so unnecessary....imo

Thanks Hank

Btw...Hank was my dad's name...It has a special meaning to me.

danno711
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #16 on Jan 23, 2013, 4:10pm »

Jan 23, 2013, 4:03pm, qwertydude wrote:
Kopi coffee is I believe specifically Kopi Luwak. That's the weird civet poop harvested coffee. It might be better to buy Coffee Primero Magic Cat if you want to experience what the Kopi Luwak coffee imparts as to flavor without the somewhat dubious and animal unfriendly nature associated with traditional Kopi Luwak flavor.

Plus you might not like it and would feel you wasted your money. Independent blind taste tests have judged the expensive Kopi Luwak coffee to be thinner with less body. So really I think hyper expensive cat poop coffee is just that all hype. But a lot of the hype can make people think that it has to be good because it costs so much. I always try to divorce myself from those kinds of influences and judge anything as independent from influence as possible.

Thanks for the tip!

I can assure you, if I was ever dumb enough to spend $125 for a pound of coffee....it would never have met my expectations...I'm sure I'd be disappointed I spent all that money

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Old 01-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #9

Part 2

inuyasha
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #17 on Jan 23, 2013, 4:16pm »

Jan 23, 2013, 4:03pm, qwertydude wrote:

Hi
Theres a new most expensive coffee out there
Elephant processed coffee
http://www.willitsnews.com/ci_221522...-comes-from-an
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

danno711
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #18 on Jan 23, 2013, 4:27pm »
"Trumpeted as earthy in flavor and smooth on the palate, the exotic new brew is made from beans eaten by Thai elephants and plucked a day later from their dung. A gut reaction inside the elephant creates what its founder calls the coffee's unique taste. "

You got to be kidding me! Who in the world tried this for the first time....and WHY?????????

Geez Louise...I assure you, if its THE MOST EXPENSIVE....they're are people buying it!

Not me.

inuyasha
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #19 on Jan 23, 2013, 4:36pm »

Jan 23, 2013, 4:07pm, danno711 wrote:

Jan 23, 2013, 4:02pm, inuyasha wrote:

Hi Danno
Im with you
Yours Hank

It's just so unnecessary....imo

Thanks Hank

Btw...Hank was my dad's name...It has a special meaning to me.

Hi Danno
Your most welcome and thanks
It has a very special meaning to me as well as im the third, my dad and my gramps on that side of the family where both named Hank as well
Yours Hank

wutzthedeal
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #20 on Jan 23, 2013, 4:42pm »
Until you have traveled down the road on your scoot with your heated coffee mug plugged in on your scoot, you're no real coffee drinker ? Here's a new phrase; two gloves, my java, one balaclava.

inuyasha
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #21 on Jan 23, 2013, 4:47pm »

Jan 23, 2013, 4:42pm, wutzthedeal wrote:
Until you have traveled down the road on your scoot with your heated coffee mug plugged in on your scoot, you're no real coffee drinker ? Here's a new phrase; two gloves, my java, one balaclava.

Hi
Thats sounds dangerous my friend, i never do any thing while riding that takes my mind off of the road and the ride
Take care and ride safely der friend
Yours Hank

loncindawg
Great Big Dawg

« Reply #22 on Jan 23, 2013, 4:58pm »
Not a coffee drinker, but I have a Bialetti moca that I use with Lavazza espresso (black can) to make the best durned latte one can make without a bona fide espresso machine (north of a grand for anything worthwhile - forget those cheap little gimmicky machines from Target and such places). I make it only for special ladies who enter my life on occasion. I use Lavazza instead of Illy because the latter is ground a tad too much and doesn't give good results in my moca, a Bialetti Venus.

I froth up the milk nice and snowy-like, but I don't bother with the cute little designs.

Lykos

« Reply #23 on Jan 23, 2013, 5:18pm »
Thanks, Wutz! I'll definitely have to check that site out and order me some good coffee and stop wasting money on stuff that's hard to enjoy. Folgers; Blech!

Jan 23, 2013, 4:02pm, snugglebunny wrote:

Thanks

see YOUR mind must be in the gutter
Freak is a vulgar word!!!!!!!!!!!
thats what i meant
but u ASS U MED

you were never in the service huh?

lol, there's more vulgar language in the kid's show Adventure Time than there is in this forum. Not to mention The Regular Show. I always thought the rules here meant simply not to use explicit language like... discussing felching, or linking to hentai. Surely there's no effing problem in effing using the eff word some of the effing time FFS.

As long as I'm more appropriate than NoFX in the youtube video titled "
NOFX is bullying 13 year old ginger kid with braces at the 2010 Lowlands festival" then I know that I'm being age appropriate.

This is the world wide web and we should find ourselves very fortunate that our daily dose of spam doesn't include all kinds of nasty things I'll leave to your imaginations.

And to any kids reading: go check out "Barnacle Bill The Sailor", life isn't all scooters and games growing up.

I applaud snugglebunny for refraining from utilizing her extensive vocabulary of vulgarity. As an autistic I effing lack that ability.

danno711
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #24 on Jan 23, 2013, 5:25pm »

Jan 23, 2013, 5:18pm, Lykos wrote:
lol, there's more vulgar language in the kid's show Adventure Time than there is in this forum. Not to mention The Regular Show. I always thought the rules here meant simply not to use explicit language like... discussing felching, or linking to hentai. Surely there's no effing problem in effing using the eff word some of the effing time FFS.

If there is nothing wrong with vulgarity why don't you use the real word instead of pretending to use it?

wutzthedeal
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #25 on Jan 23, 2013, 7:40pm »

Jan 23, 2013, 5:18pm, Lykos wrote:
Thanks, Wutz! I'll definitely have to check that site out and order me some good coffee and stop wasting money on stuff that's hard to enjoy. Folgers; Blech!

Hmmm; I didn't list a site or advise certain coffee. Hank, I've never drank anything while moving on a scooter. I have a secured drink holder and the mug is plugged into a 12v outlet and I drink at stops.

rockynv
Great Big Guru Dawg

« Reply #26 Yesterday at 2:54am »

Read more: http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index...#ixzz2IzoYeSY2

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Old 01-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #10

Hey thanks guy for reminding me of that elephant dong coffee...eeeewwwww ;-)
Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #11

I thought it should be preserved in all of its former glory (minus the pics)

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Old 01-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #12

Send a message via MSN to lykos23 Send a message via Skype™ to lykos23
Ahhh, now I see what the problem was. I was quoting Wutz quoting Danno. Nevermind the thanks to Wutz for the site, thanks, Danno, for the site. Coffee A.M..com thingy.

Quote:
If there is nothing wrong with vulgarity why don't you use the real word instead of pretending to use it?
And... For the record... "F" stands for more than one word in the fricken english language FFS. "Frichen" is the German root word for that special word that comes to your mind, and Frichen is the word I refer to, personally.

I'm not "pretending" anything, I'm using the language which I would use to speak with, in the form of text. double-u-tee-eff. Do you make fun of kids with downs syndrome that stutter too, Danno?
Old 01-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lykos23 View Post
And... For the record... "F" stands for more than one word in the fricken english language FFS. "Frichen" is the German root word for that special word that comes to your mind, and Frichen is the word I refer to, personally.
For the record, only if you're kidding yourself. ;-)

Almost everyone will read the "F" as the real vulgar word. Few imo, are going to read it as
fricken

Just sayin

Last edited by danno711; 01-25-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #14

I do but I have trained my mind not to see it any other way. Unfortunately my mind can't pronounce %&@#$# or it wold use that instead of just using nicer words for the nasty ones automatically...

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Old 01-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootnwinn View Post
I do but I have trained my mind not to see it any other way. Unfortunately my mind can't pronounce %&@#$# or it wold use that instead of just using nicer words for the nasty ones automatically...
Vulgar words whether they're real or fake sends out a message of nastiness imo.
It's just so unnecessary....why do people insist on being nasty? I don't get it.

On the other hand, I don't have a problem with "%&@#$#" this usually translates as a feeling of your own frustrations and its typically not directed at anyone in particular. ....Just my 2 cents

Last edited by danno711; 01-25-2013 at 11:39 AM.