Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 12-08-2015, 04:44 PM   #1

Haynes Chinese Scooter manual

Can someone tell me if the Haynes Chinese Scooter manual is worth buying? What other scooter books should I check out?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-09-2015, 10:02 AM   #2

There are so many sources around the forum world. I can't speak to the Haynes manual but have always bought and used them on my cars. I bought one for the 750 Kawasaki and it looks quite good. You could sneak over there and check this one out.

http://scooterdoc.proboards.com/thre...doc-gy6-manual
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:21 AM   #3

Manuals!

I always used & had good luck with Chilton manuals. I don't know if they're still available! I used to get them mostly at automotive stores.
P.S. Just my $.02. I'm hoping this will help someone! The Chilton manual (at least on Triumphs) was almost identical to the service manual , for a HELL of a lot less $. Irish
P.S. The front portion of my ride is a 2006 Sportster 1200. I bought a service manual for it on Amazon. It is a Chilton!

Last edited by Irish; 02-01-2016 at 11:33 AM. Reason: To add PS
Old 05-25-2016, 08:13 AM   #4

If you have the tools and good common sense, you can repair any scooter. I purchased my first 50cc scooter 4 months ago and it developed a short near the relay. Needles to say, with a bit of research and a lot testing, i was able to trace the short to a wire that was hidden out of sight.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:18 PM   #5

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenous View Post
If you have the tools and good common sense, you can repair any scooter. I purchased my first 50cc scooter 4 months ago and it developed a short near the relay. Needles to say, with a bit of research and a lot testing, i was able to trace the short to a wire that was hidden out of sight.
The nice thing about a service manual or a manual that is like it , is that it gives your proper torques , liquid amounts , left hand threads , etc! Irish
P.S. I had one save my butt (not counting expensive repairs ) by notifying me of a left hand thread. I'd probably still be trying to get that part loose if I hadn't have ruined the threads! Without the manual , I never would have known that it was a left hand thread!

Old 12-12-2016, 09:16 PM   #6

The manuals also tell you the order in which you remove parts to reach the problem area.
I have had a bad experience with a repair manual on my v6 minivan back in the day. I was changing plug wires, and removed them all together, since the manual provided the firing order. The firing order in the manual was wrong. Took me a few hours figure that out and get running again.