Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 04-30-2020, 05:28 PM   #1

Piaggio NRG50

Looking at a 2019 nrg50. Anyone with a review on this bike? Hard to find any reviews in english. They have been around a while.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-01-2020, 05:35 PM   #2

I don't think we ever got the NRG in the U.S. Is it still a 2-stroke? Liquid cooled? I know the early liquid cooled 2-strokes were great scooters, not sure what they are now. Piaggio makes good products so you can't go wrong on that end. Are you leaving it stock or are you gonna hot-rod/tune it? Parts in the states are hard to come by if you intend to tune it, and you may get stuck ordering general parts for it from overseas or Canada. I hope Piaggio didn't stick that lackluster 4-stroke that's in the new Aprillia SR50 Motard. Great if you leave it stock and are happy with the speed I guess. I've seen a Genuine RH50 walk all over the SR50 Motard.
Old 05-01-2020, 05:39 PM   #3

I found it, STILL A 2-stroke! Granted, its got weird restrictions but they can be worked around. Glad they (Piaggio) kept it fun and fast!

Login or Register to Remove Ads