Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 06-08-2017, 10:29 AM   #1

Mad GY6 crapped out, turns over but that's it. Help!

My scooter just suddenly died while riding it and now won't start. Turns over but won't kick on tried key, kick start, and remote. Batteries good. Need help!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by justjenny420; 06-08-2017 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjenny420 View Post
My scooter just suddenly died while riding it and now won't start. Turns over but won't kick on tried key, kick start, and remote. Batteries good. Need help!
Make sure you have spark,fuel and you might want to check valve clearance.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:07 PM   #3

I don't know **** about scooters but if it was a motorcycle , I'd say it was your ignition switch. Everything is multi-use now. on the custom bikes that I used to build , I just used a toggle switch for an ignition switch , with a hidden toggle sw. as a back-up. Light sw. on a 2cd toggle sw. Irish

Old 06-11-2017, 08:32 PM   #4

Compression, spark, fuel ... find which one isn't happening and we'll go from there...and uh ... you do have fuel in the gas tank?
Old 06-15-2017, 05:41 PM   #5

I'm leaning toward ignition switch issue now. I got spark ,fuel,and compression but ignition won't power with key only using remote starter. Also won't power off when I turn the key off or lock position. Damn thing just stays on and drains battery.. so what's my bext step? Switch? Solenoid? Battery leads?

Old 07-14-2017, 11:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjenny420 View Post
It's either fuel starved or not getting a good spark. If it's turning over, I don't think it's an ignition issue. I'd replace or clean the carb and fuel filter, and then give it a shot.
Old 06-23-2019, 07:55 AM   #7

Sorry for the thread revive here and being so late to the party, but I just had this same thing happen to me. It was my stator, the two bolts that hold it down loosened and fell off and the stator started running to ground. Test the two single wires coming out of the stator with a multimeter set to resistance, if one of them gives an O/L reading then the stator is grounding out and won't signal to the CDI when to fire, causing no spark

Tags
brake, power, starter issue