Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 06-04-2017, 10:05 AM   #1

Rpm

As I don't have an owners manual, I was curious as to RPM range of 150 GY6. I;m running 52@ 6200. What is max RPM ? And still keep the motor together? Do most China scoots have a rev limiter?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-04-2017, 06:43 PM   #2

Info varies depending on source. The specs for my scooter, according to the online seller's web site, states 9.2hp @ 7500 rpm. Wikipedia says 8.6 @ 7000...and I have seen 10.4hp @ 8500 rpm elsewhere. So, take your pick.

The chinese gy6 does not have a good reputation when it comes to durability, probably due to abuse, and poor maintenance practices. Any engine run at or near max output, will give up much sooner than one that's been operated in a more conservative manner.

If your tach is one that was built into your dash at the factory, it may not be giving a true reading, much like the speedo. Finally...with the max torque coming in at a little under 6000 rpm's, I can't see running it out to 7000 +. I climb all the hills around here (up to 10% grades) just fine at 5450 to 5700 revs....without using full throttle.