Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 3-Wheeled Scooters

Old 02-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #1

Ice Bear Warranty Changes (Archive)

[FONT=Verdana]Well thanks to some folks who either did not do a PDI/Inspection or do it right, Ice Bear has been forced to change their warranty. Seems people were making warranty claims for items that either would not normally fail if the PDI was done ( loose parts falling off) , they broke the part during the PDI , or were making warranty claims by swapping parts instead of troubleshooting the problem and getting the right part. Once again, a few have made it bad for those that do what they are supposed to do.

What this boils down to is if a customer decides to do their own PDI/Inspection their warranty period is shorter. Otherwise if they have it done by a shop they get their complete warranty. Now when they say certified/professional, they are referring to a person/shop that makes their living at mechanics, whether it be a bike/scooter shop, small engine shop, automotive shop, ect. The customer must supply a receipt showing the PDI/Inspection was done if they require warranty parts.

Ice Bear also now offers to do the PDI/Inspection before the machine is even shipped. I am in the process of getting the cost and information for this service. Of course, if IB does the PDI then the full warranty is in place. This will also delay delivery.

Another change of note, is that IB now handles all shipping damage claims if it was shipped by their carrier. This is a plus, the customer does not have to do all the leg work and phone calls to get a shipping damage claim. Most companies require you to do all the leg work.

For more information see:

As I get more information I will update this thread.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by Guest_2; 11-01-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #2

Why should anyone have to pay for a pdi, wouldnt you think a company paying someone to assemble something would want it done right from the factory or have a finale inspection before it is package or have there dealer that sales there product provide one, for one or both would not get a bad name just some ramblings on why. My thoughts on a pdi is for someone to make some extra cash for hardly nothing, if ib doesnt want to loss money on warranty claims by someone not doing a pdi on a scooter or ones done incorrect, they should correctly install there own parts or have there dealer do a pdi before a sale, why should a buyer already investing a lot of money on a item have to pay a fee to the company or someone else to make sure it was properly assembled. Nothing against you Jim or the company the pdi fee has always made me upset and thanks for the info

2010 Cpi Oliver 70cc, naruku trans kit, downhill handle bars, tecnigas rsll pipe, s6 4g rollers, Vento R4 with 90cc 1e52qmf technigas next r 100cc pipe Naruku, 21mm race carb, s6 4.5 g rollers
Old 02-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy554 View Post
Why should anyone have to pay for a pdi, wouldnt you think a company paying someone to assemble something would want it done right from the factory or have a finale inspection before it is package or have there dealer that sales there product provide one, for one or both would not get a bad name just some ramblings on why. My thoughts on a pdi is for someone to make some extra cash for hardly nothing, if ib doesnt want to loss money on warranty claims by someone not doing a pdi on a scooter or ones done incorrect, they should correctly install there own parts or have there dealer do a pdi before a sale, why should a buyer already investing a lot of money on a item have to pay a fee to the company or someone else to make sure it was properly assembled. Nothing against you Jim or the company the pdi fee has always made me upset and thanks for the info

All a person needs is a receipt showing a PDI was done.

Some folks just should not have a wrench in their hands and others didn't even check it.

With Brick and Mortor Stores, the PDI is already built into the price. It isn't just the Chinese, Yamaha, Honda ect all do PDIs before any machine is sold.

Login or Register to Remove Ads