Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 06-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #1

Oh No More Scooter problems xD

Last month my scooter had a bad stator. I replaced it with the right one and it ran. a couple weeks later it started to bog down and i got a new carb, installed it and adjusted the valves to .003" it ran great for a month. Then the past week it started to die on the road and would start back up and would be fine. then today it died 3 times and the last time it left me stranded. Since I got it home i tore it down. Checked piston and top end components, checked stator (had a spark but swapped the stator with a known working one along with the cdi) and i checked the carb. I'm really stumped on this one it has fuel, spark, and compression but no signs of wanting to run any help out there? Also I have tried starter fluid and it is still getting nothing i'm just really out of ideas for this one i mean it wouldnt get a spark if the kill switch was bad would it?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-16-2014, 04:58 PM   #2

Did you check the valves clearances again? They go out of adjustment easily on these scoots, and that's one of the most common problems.

2005 Yamaha BWS (Zuma) "Garfield"
TP Black Trophy 70cc, Giannelli Reverse Pipe, 5g Dr. Pulley Sliders, Delta Clutch with Yellow Springs and Yellow Contra, Malossi Torque Controller, Naraku R-Vent Bell, NCY Adjustable Secondary Sliding Sheave, CF Reeds, Kege Analog Tach, Dual Headlight Mod, N.A. Rear Fender Delete, OEM Short Windshield.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:09 PM   #3

I will go check and get back thanks Firehawk!

Old 06-16-2014, 07:52 PM   #4

No luck with valves it really has me stumped. I ordered a new scooter, but would like to have this one as a back up. Any other possibilities I mean the sparkplug ignited starter fluid outside of the motor but i'm not even getting a put with it in
Old 06-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #5

Can the timing be off any time I've adjust anything I always had the timing chain sprocket with the big hole at the top and the two small ones even with the case

Old 06-17-2014, 02:19 AM   #6

Yea you could have messed up the timing when you pulled it all apart, maybe double check that with the mark on the flywheel. Did you actually test the compression or are you just assuming it has compression?

TP Black Trophy 70cc, Giannelli Reverse Pipe, 5g Dr. Pulley Sliders, Delta Clutch with Yellow Springs and Yellow Contra, Malossi Torque Controller, Naraku R-Vent Bell, NCY Adjustable Secondary Sliding Sheave, CF Reeds, Kege Analog Tach, Dual Headlight Mod, N.A. Rear Fender Delete, OEM Short Windshield.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk989 View Post
Yea you could have messed up the timing when you pulled it all apart, maybe double check that with the mark on the flywheel. Did you actually test the compression or are you just assuming it has compression?
Yeah it is at top dead center lke it should be with the T and the compression is 94
Old 06-20-2014, 07:27 PM   #8

Could the P.A.I.R. system being causing problems
Old 06-21-2014, 06:21 AM   #9

Wow, that is really too bad hkpotts44, how old is the scooter? Maybe you should bring it in to have it checked out if you can't find the problem yourself?
Old 06-24-2014, 02:17 AM   #10

94 seems low for compression. Should be more like 110-120 I think. Did the piston/rings have any scoring on them?

Old 07-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk989 View Post
94 seems low for compression. Should be more like 110-120 I think. Did the piston/rings have any scoring on them?
Everything looked good to me. I just got a Roketa mc16k 150 so i have been playing with that for a week or so . i am checking the compression today when i get home on the Taotao 50, and will see where I am at with that.

Tags
50cc, bogged, not running, scooter