Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 10-20-2014, 04:04 PM   #1

50cc sunny running issues

ok well we will start off with i installed a 35w HID scooter kit about a 3 months or so ago that was to replace the factory 35w p15d headlight bulb. it was an ac ballest that had a box that wired to the battery then had the white and blue wires to tape into the headlight switch. after install the hid would run the bike dead after and hour or so of riding at night. i also installed an hid compasitor no change. i am running an after market gel batt. issue im having now is my wife would pull to a red light lastnight it would die she would have to rev it to keep it running. then 20 min later it just died when riding. now today after a full charge of batt bike will idle but if i give it gas it will rev up hold a rev say 10 to 30 sec the bike will die. i can refire bike and it will do the same. if you rev it up a few times before holding a rev it may keep the rev with no issue. i tried a new cdi no change. also pop line off carb to check full pressure seems to be just fine.fuel filter is clean so is air filter. im lost please help

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-20-2014, 05:37 PM   #2

took it for a ride. seems to run fine up and down my street a full throttle or half throttle its at the very low throttle percentage that it does what it does. like if you where very slowly taking off or riding and just over 3 to 5 mph it will start to lose power and just die. no spiting or poping just feel it slowdown and die. i tuned the motor on a wide band about a month or so ago. only think i can think is idle air mix screw but that was already tuned. anyone think it is like a stator issue?
Old 10-22-2014, 08:23 AM   #3

I put LED lights on my quiqui 50cc and got rid of the main headlight. Power draw is very low, I've got 2 4watt, 1 8watt and 2 1watts and mucho bright. Best advice I can give is to test your battery with engine off and then test with it running to check the pull. At least you could rule out electrical. Also, take a look at the plug.

Login or Register to Remove Ads