Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 03-25-2021, 05:07 PM   #1

Sad Please help - scooter wont start (tried several things)

*First off, i'm new to the group. glad to find a scooter community and very thankful for your help in advance!!

I want to get this 2006 Honda Metropolitan working. it makes sounds like it wants to crank but as soon as i let go of the start button it dies off. see video.

I already did the following:
-replaced battery
-replaced spark plug
-added oil and gas

Youtube video:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-25-2021, 05:57 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum!

Have you checked for spark? Checked if fuel is flowing to carb? If those check out, the carb might be dirty and needs a cleaning.
Old 04-05-2021, 07:39 AM   #3

How I do it.... charge the battery or jump from a good battery, make sure it cranks good, a shot of carb spray into the intake... if it fires and runs a bit it's some kind of fuel problem. If it doesn't run a bit, check for spark, if it has spark check for compression. Do not burn the starter out when trying to get it started. Use only 100% gasoline... stay away from ethanol gas and you will reduce your problems 1000% maybe even more...

Old 04-14-2021, 12:21 PM   #4

Could be a stator problem or CDI if you have no spark. Last year I bought a used VIP the motor turned over-had spark but no compression. I purchased a BBK and when I went to install it I found the crank was broke. I hope this is not your problem.
To check stator unplug the 2 wire connector--set VOM to 200 VAC place black on ground and touch the red lead to the (RED--RED//WHITE OR RED/BLACK) wire it should be above 40 VAC and less than 80 VAC. when hitting the start button with motor turning over.
Other problems I have encountered is VALVES not set correctly and oil seals on valves leaking and rings on piston bad
Old 04-15-2021, 03:25 PM   #5

You can check for life pulse with an quickstart fluid solution which you spray in air feed.
If not then , as stated above it might could be stuck valves or something more serious