Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2014, 05:32 PM   #1

Newbie in 29 Palms, CA, with some questions.

Good afternoon all!

I'm a newbie to the forum (but not to bikes or mechanics), and decided to join because this site has the most comprehensive information on scooters and looks to be a friendly community. I'm out here in Twentynine Palms, CA for some training until late summer next year, and need some help determining who's a good site/distributor to purchase from.

Most of the sites I found for TaoTao or SSR 150cc scoots range in price from $900-1,100 for CA legal rides. One site in particular caught my eye, as it has free shipping in the contiguous states and good prices. Has anyone purchased from Powersports Distro? They've got a FB site as well, and don't seem to be your typical drop-shipper that I've had bad experience with in buying a DongFang bobber several years ago.

Also, between TaoTao and SSR, which would you all prefer? I've done a bit of research on TaoTao here, and it seems to be a good make past the '08 model years. I need to do some searching on SSR, which I'll do tonight. Thanks for any help you can offer, I do appreciate your time and assistance!

-Rob

Login or Register to Remove Ads