Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 09-23-2016, 08:54 PM   #1

Debris in oil

Hi everyone. Brand new to the forum. I am a bit of a newbie to scoots but I am in love. I have a ton of questions for you all. I'll start by telling you what I have. I started with a 49cc peace sports and quickly moved up to a 150cc Longbo Adventure. I bought it used...2008 with 350 miles. Been having some odd issues here and there. So I have 3 probs/questions that are priority for me right now.
1. I just did an oil change and found pieces of something in the oil....not metal, not rubber or plastic...one piece looks molded or shaped like the corner of a square...could this be a gasket? Along with that, oil blowing back to the front from under the seat area. Already put on new gasket for valve cover.
2. all of a sudden, on acceleration from a dead stop, my scooter makes a "shoving" feeling....like maybe the belt slips and then catches.If it was a car, I would call it a hard shift. Ideas?
3. I understand a lot of the parts on these scoots are inferior, anyone recommend a site that sells higher quality parts? I would like to replace all the basics with better quality.
Thank you in advance!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-08-2016, 05:07 PM   #2

Welcome to the wonderful world of scooter ownership!

1. This could be material from an improperly seated gasket. Depending upon which one, it could be the cause of your oil issue. 2. Could be the belt, variator or clutch. I'd pull off the cover and observe the movement of all three. Compare to some YouTube videos and see if one or the other is evident. If not, I'd start with replacing the belt first, then the clutch assembly. 3. I've had great luck with http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/ but there are other places that advertise here on this sight that I've read good things about.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessMoonGazer View Post
Hi everyone. Brand new to the forum. I am a bit of a newbie to scoots but I am in love. I have a ton of questions for you all. So I have 3 probs/questions that are priority for me right now.
1. I just did an oil change and found pieces of something in the oil....
2. all of a sudden, on acceleration from a dead stop, my scooter makes a "shoving" feeling....like maybe the belt slips and then catches.
3. I understand a lot of the parts on these scoots are inferior, anyone recommend a site that sells higher quality parts?
Thank you in advance!
Going to give this thread a bump.
So I would echo what Ebuddy said. But since it has been a while now, did you get any of your problems resolved? Will it need work this spring?

In late spring I've been having a thing called the "Spring Tune Up & BBQ" (a gathering of shiftless characters) Sometimes we actually do some work on our scooters but there is a lot of scooter talk, general shooting the breeze and chowing down. (usually I cook up BBQ ribs and get a bucket of KFC, chips, soft drinks, other BBQ/picnic type sides etc.) Mostly ends up to be not a large group (4 or 5 ) but we have a good time all day long. Usually sometime at the end of May. You are invited since you are in the area. If you are so inclined to accept, I'll PM details later when a date finally gets set. I'll be trying to contact others... The more, the merrier
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me

Login or Register to Remove Ads