Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 06-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #1

sadly there isnt a scooter shop near me, which is a shame because there are many scooter riders in my area. the bike seems to be running well and maybe i am just reacting because it is new and not really broken in yet but i remember my old bike being much faster (a co-worker clocked me doing 52mph on a slight downhill). i dont need to go 50+mph but i would like to have a decent take-off from lights and not lose major speed up hills.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoverypunk View Post
sadly there isnt a scooter shop near me, which is a shame because there are many scooter riders in my area. the bike seems to be running well and maybe i am just reacting because it is new and not really broken in yet but i remember my old bike being much faster (a co-worker clocked me doing 52mph on a slight downhill). i dont need to go 50+mph but i would like to have a decent take-off from lights and not lose major speed up hills.
Well, there are tons of great scoot mechanics right here that can talk you through a roller/slider change if you decide to do the work yourself!

Impact wrench and a decent little metric wrench set is about all you need to do it.

Smoak

Tags
acceleration, slow, under performing