Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 04-15-2014, 02:13 PM   #31

^This.

Though if you have a little extra cash it might be worth your sanity to just take it to a shop and have them adjust the valves and install a new needle/carb.

It sounds like you're starting with very little mechanical knowledge, and Chinese scooters generally need a lot of maintenance to keep them running happily.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-15-2014, 10:05 PM   #32

HAHA. Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines but some people learn that way. Tear it apart and put it back together. Hey, if it's learning on a scooter it's just like I learned on my first car, a POS 66 stang. I didn't know what the hell I was doing. But it didn't run worth a crap either. I never blamed Ford though. That's the key in my humble opinion.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:20 AM   #33

Thanks guys!

Some people learn by tearing things apart! I break things that way- Frankly, I'm just a little klutzy, and wind up doing more harm than good! I'm not very self sufficient mechanically...

Because it sat all winter, I've had throttle issues, then a leak, I've decided it's probably the carb. Because it's sealed, since I need to replace the carb anyway, and since I've already bent the needle, I've simply contacted a knowledgeable mechanic online, and he is going to replace it with the one I ordered. I hope the one I ordered is right, I got instructions in another thread, but things didn't go right during the ordering..

When it's running, I'm gonna find a class! Lol!

Ride like your life depends on it!

Old 04-16-2014, 06:00 PM   #34

Good luck man. You can unseal the carbs. I did mine. But yeah, they're cheap enough that sometimes replacing it is better than spending all your time repairing it.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:37 PM   #35

Simple fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Check out my posts. Especially the one flooding BAAAAAAAD. Maybe it will help. I try to be very detailed as far as symptoms and corrections. It will run like crap for a while if you overfill the fuel tank. My float stuck at 100 kilometers or less and left me stranded. She's purring now though and I've had worry free 900 kilometers after the work.
Just filled my 150 scooter for first time and it died on me, like it was starved for air. After reading a couple of posts, sounds like the simple fix is to get fuel level down. Can I just leave fuel tank opened for awhile and let evaporation do the trick? I'm female and have limited resources on how to get help otherwise. Looking for an easy fix hopefully.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:16 PM   #36

Help! Tao Tao idle/running prob

Ok I have exhausted all the resources on this site and still can't figure out what's going on. It only has 111 miles on it but has been sitting for about 6months - Tao Tao 50 will not idle or run unless started with starting fluid and then will bog down and die after a few seconds - Have checked fuel source (good) - adjusted valves to .003 (they were tight) - removed fuel adjustment tamper proof cover to adjust only to find a tamper proof screw?? How the heck am I supposed to adjust that? Actually did run a little better after valve adjustment and would run/bog/run/bog and then would die when down to idle. Also when i went to remove carb cover - they tightened the damn screws(slotted) on so much that I stripped the one screw - will get the file out and file new slot if needed but was hoping that I wouldn't have to do that - Help?
Old 06-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #37

got it running:)

but it still bogs when full throttle - still cant figure how to adjust fuel / carb??
Old 06-10-2014, 02:06 AM   #38

You probably have something clogging up one of the jets in your carb. You'll have to find a way to get the bowl off the carb and spray everything out thoroughly with carb cleaner, including through all the jets and passages. Or just buy a new carb since you will eventually want one that's adjustable down the line.

2005 Yamaha BWS (Zuma) "Garfield"
TP Black Trophy 70cc, Giannelli Reverse Pipe, 5g Dr. Pulley Sliders, Delta Clutch with Yellow Springs and Yellow Contra, Malossi Torque Controller, Naraku R-Vent Bell, NCY Adjustable Secondary Sliding Sheave, CF Reeds, Kege Analog Tach, Dual Headlight Mod, N.A. Rear Fender Delete, OEM Short Windshield.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:15 PM   #39

Just buy a replacement carb. Problem solved. Also replace your vacuum lines. Do not over fill the gas tank or it will vapor lock.
Huge fuel lines and filter
NGK CR7HIX Spark Plug
Stock Air Box (Pulled Plug)
Stock Exhaust
Pirelli SL26 3.50-10@46 PSI

I can bury the Needle, Fast...