Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 02-18-2016, 06:42 PM   #1

Scrappy Dog Scooters- Rickmain - Please Exhibit Some Honesty

In response to the post by Rickmain, Scrappy Dog Scooters, in the following forum thread. http://scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=55364

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmain View Post
What was disturbing and confusing, was the post 'bull', who stated a few things incorrectly. We do not sell used parts, period, and not sure where that came from, and I don't recall anyone complaining about such a thing. Rick
Rickmain, if you will remember correctly you tried this in December 2014, when you challenged my credibility. Where we went through your unfounded accusations and lies once already, and I proved you had and obviously still are.

It started as my openly telling the public of my experience with your company in reference to the used master cylinder that you sent and failed to take care. Where I had to lodge a Paypal dispute, and then escalate that to a claim when you failed to respond to not only my emails, but Paypals continued requests.

For those that would like to read the discussion and proof, please follow this link:

Scrappy Dog Scooter Complaints

It is only a two page thread, where my original thread post is on pg 1, post #14, and the proof against Rickmain's fabrications is on page 2 as posts number 1 and 2.

Also read all of Rickmain's posts very very carefully!

Rickmain had an opportunity since then for over a year to challenge my proof and he failed to do so. IF I was wrong why didn't he challenge the proof supplied by paypal? Why didn't he challenge the Paypal dispute I lodged?

Rickmain did reply to another post in the thread, but he failed to address my proof. WHY?

I will let the forum members decide why Rickmain, Scrappy Dog Scooters, failed to address it for over a year. But instead, has decided to post more unfounded accusations against me personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmain View Post
The statement that I do not know what our parts are or how they work was the offensive part. I myself have over 30 years in the professional motorcycle parts and repair business, and have been in scooter parts/repair for 8 of those years. I hold several patents for motorcycle/scooter engineering designs, and some of our parts are actually design and blueprinted by myself. Our tech, MO, has himself been in the continuous professional repair business for over 25 years. I'm not sure how that accusation could be made, but perhaps Bull was referring to one of our gals that answer the phones and are not tech's on hand and are trained in order placement and customer service. All of our parts are inspected, but not tested, except electronic items. Things like master cylinders, or cylinders, or cranks and such are not tested, as they would then become used, and with the price point of such items, it is not viable to test every single part.

Just thought I'd make that clear, you can be assured that the owner, and it's online tech, are far from not knowing what they are selling, or how the parts work.
Rick
Since that time, I was desperate and needed a coolant sensor for a Helix engine in a Roketa that I was completely overhauling. Unfortunately, Scrappy Dog, Rickmain, was the only one returned in search results that listed the sensor.

I called them, verified that this was the "correct sensor" for the application and then ordered it. It arrived, took it out of the package and tested it with a professional grade DMM before installing. It was the wrong sensor it was an NTC coolant sensor. I called asked why they shipped the wrong one, was put through to tech support, where I was told "we just buy parts and sell them, we assume that it is the correct one."

Since this was an "electrical part" it was not returnable and even IF I returned it, that would be throwing more money away.

Personal note to Rickmain; Every forum that I am on, I will tell people about you and your company. I will point them to those posts, and IF those posts are ever removed, not a problem as I have the full text of that thread as a pdf which I can and will share with the scootering public when and where appropriate.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-17-2018, 12:10 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull View Post

Personal note to Rickmain; Every forum that I am on, I will tell people about you and your company. I will point them to those posts, and IF those posts are ever removed, not a problem as I have the full text of that thread as a pdf which I can and will share with the scootering public when and where appropriate.
I came across your thread about this individual and scrappydogs when I searched Google for "scrappdogscooter complaints"
I had to do a Paypal and Visa chargeback on my May 2018 order, since then I've learned a lot of people have been left holding the bag for parts not rec'd but paid for, so I did some investigating into this and learned his name is now connected to an "RnD Moto" un St George Utah who is claiming they just bought inventory from him and are a NEW business, but two state issued business licenses I obtained both show his name, and RnD Moto on them, as does my PayPal chargeback "payee" (the owner of the Paypal account I paid for the May order)

I'm going to post the documents I have- screen shots of the dispute filed thru PayPal and Visa that were ignored (the card issuers credited the funds into my account) the state business licenses, and the RnD Moto domain which shows Rick's name on that too.

Since I started looking into this, Rick has begun posting comments to mine on other scooter forums using a new account with the name "Helmut" obviously defending "Rick" to an extreme and basically "advertising" for his new business.

I'll start with these documents attached, they are self explanatory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 5.jpg (74.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg tO2SheE.jpg (68.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 5 copy.jpg (53.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-17-2018, 12:39 AM   #3

Additional documents attached.

Additional documents attached.

The interesting thing is, this woman at RnD Moto told me in a Messenger chat about 8 days ago they only bought inventory and were a new business and asked me to remove my negative review, so I said I would if she could provide me with documents proving this and that Rick has NO connection whatsoever to them, she said she would get back to me last Monday.
Monday came and went, the rest of the week did too with no response, that was when I did further research and found the business licenses in Ricks' name etc., which pretty well nixes what the lady claimed, and explains why she never got back to me Monday!

RnD's own people claimed in their response to the BBB complaint I filed AND to me in a messenger chat that they simply bought Rick's INVENTORY and that they were a "new business"- that was their claim, but when you think about it it makes no sense at all, especially since they claim to be a NEW business, so since they got a state issued business license in April it would have THEIR name on it as owner/agent, NOT some guy that they claim sold them his INVENTORY!

His name also would not be on THEIR business PayPal account as Payee it would be on his own PayPal acct connected to his own bank acct not theirs.

As if this wasn't enough, the other night, on the RnD Moto Facebook page under my one star review there suddenly in a 10-24 hour period, a few of them posted "11 hours ago" were 7 five star reviews

I checked every one of the profiles of those 7 reviews, only one even had a motorcycle on it at all, but then there was this one with about a 70 year old woman who posted nothing on her timeline for a year other than updating her picture, no scooter content at all, and her last post she made on her timeline over a year ago was a two line reply, now suddenly she pops up out of the blue to post an entire paragraph of review on a MOTORCYCLE page??? she doesn't strike me as a motorcycle rider! Sorry if I don't buy the validity of that, she's some employee's MOM asked to post there, LOL!

Despite this "Helmut" (Rick for sure) guy's claim in a slam on me-I don't need, or have anyone else "directing me", nor is anyone else on this or any other forum leading my hand and no one here has anything to do with MY complaint or fact finding efforts, instead, I am one who paid for an order for scooter parts never received that I waited about 2 weeks for, who had to waste my time and 3 more weeks waiting for PayPal and Visa to investigate, watch them give Rick 2 additional weeks to respond which he never did, and then their refunding my money.
Meanwhile I had to go find parts I was waiting on- elsewhere, like partskit.com who had everything I needed, I also purchased a new crate engine.

I don't buy his silly claims about anyone "ripping off" scrappydog at all, if a refund was given to a customer or anyone else by Paypal or Visa then THEIR investigation(s) sided with the customer based on the documentation and proof provided to them, other complaints of a similar nature no doubt would have helped them make a determination.

What I don't like is any businesses who take people's hard earned money and then file for bankruptcy, skip town, leave them hanging waiting for orders that they don't get, change their business name to come back as a "new" business to escape their screwed up business practices, liars, cheats, lousy customer service etc., and I don't hesitate to go to the BBB, PayPal, Visa, the police, or go public to get satisfaction for a wrong, and to let others avoid a similar problem.

I GOT my money back, but it was not a refund from Rick/RnD Moto, it was credited back by PayPal and Visa who never got a response from the merchant at all, so the deadline for his response came and went, and they decided in my favor.
I am posting the documents to counter what I see are BS claims being made by these people that the documents I attached show otherwise, I don't want to see other scooter enthusiasts screwed over or fooled as so many in Google search and on other scooter forums has shown.

Take this information and the documentation to use as you see fit and use it or don't use it, I put it out for people to know about my findings and they can decide whether they want to do business with these people or not, there a re LOTS of scooter parts outfits out there that don't have this shady baggage behind them, TaoTao's own main website hyperlinks to partskit.com (formerly Eagle ATV) for parts, every plastic body part and repair part I bought for my TaoTao fit perfectly like OEM, what more would I need than that?

There's good dealers and parts suppliers out there, do some research, ask others who bought parts, and be safe.

One additional bit of information, "Helmut" posted elsewhere;

Quote:
Rick is on site now at RnD Moto in St. George and easy to find at the major intersections of Sunset Blvd and Dixie Blvd, and the phone number is publicly posted as...
So this means he just ADMITTED on public forum that RnD Moto is NOT a new business who simply bought INVENTORY as they CLAIMED to me and to the BBB in their response that is now public record on the BBB web site! (screenshot attached)
The lie of ; "we took over Scrappy inventory this is not the same business" is quite "telling" in light of this!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 4.jpg (54.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 4 copy.jpg (68.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg rnHEiXG.jpg (71.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 24.jpg (79.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 23.jpg (57.1 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by TaoTao2018; 07-17-2018 at 01:27 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:42 AM   #4

I for one, appreciate the time and effort both of you have spent, exposing this crook. You have probably saved a lot of us, from having to deal with this kind of aggravation.

Thanks guys.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
I for one, appreciate the time and effort both of you have spent, exposing this crook. You have probably saved a lot of us, from having to deal with this kind of aggravation.

Thanks guys.
Thank you for that, I appreciate your comment of support.
I got a full refund from PayPal and my card issuer a while back, so I no longer have a stake in this there, but I couldn't let this just slide off into the sunset, especially given that I uncovered the fact that Rick/Scrappydogsooter is connected to this "new" RnD Moto business who lied and claimed to me in a Messenger chat and in their BBB response that they only bought inventory and are not the same business, I don't like liars or BS!

If you have a business treat the customers RIGHT and do what's right by them or get out of town!

This situation curiously reminds me of the W.R. Grace Company who owned a vermiculite mine in Libbye Mt that they mined for this rock they made attic insulation out of, they KNEW for decades this mine's rock was contaminated with deadly asbestos and they kept it quiet and exposed millions of people and their employees to it, when the lawsuits started coming in they did the lovely corporate mo fo thing to protect their own behinds and profits- filing for bankruptcy, coming back as a "new" company, and leaving everyone holding the bag for cleanup costs and health problems.

There's little more to add to this at this point unless something new comes along. I will check and see if I posted all of the documents I currently have, I may have missed one or two.
Have a good one!

Old 08-12-2018, 12:21 AM   #6

Looks like tricky Rick is trying to use the threads on 49ccscoot forums about scrappydog and RnD Moto to promote himself offering "discounts" but I'm not letting him get away with that! People on the other forum asked why the scrappydog site was still up and I'm shaking my head at Rick's reply to that! He is now posting as "RnD Moto"

I had two RnD Moto employees state they only bought Rick's INVENTORY and were a "new" company, yet Rick of scrappydogs is all over the state business license, domain ownership and more of RnD Moto!

So they LIED to the BBB in their reply to complaints, and LIED to me in a Messenger chat.
Here's a screenshot of their earlier BBB reply on the BBB web site showing how they claimed only to have bought scrappydogs' INVENTORY;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 10.jpg (50.2 KB, 2 views)