Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 01-26-2019, 07:22 AM   #1

Some Electric Scooters

I guess they are coming, I like gas engines but whatever. Some of these are pretty expensive.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-26-2019, 10:21 PM   #2

Im testing the water with an ebike. My wife got me a Pedego City Commuter for Xmass and I ride it every chance I get. It does 20mph and runs a range of around 40ish miles. I need the exercise, and you technically have to pedal it. But its super fun to ride and everyone who rides it smiles like a little kid. Also note that it was not cheap! I would consider a escooter, like a Honda PCX, if the top speed was around 50mph and the range was decent. Oh, and no 220 charging! Vespa messed up with that. I can charge my Pedego battery on my desk at work with a standard wall socket. 4 hours max. Curious to see who rules the escooter market! Some cool examples on you video!
Old 01-29-2019, 09:37 PM   #3

Fun vid. The electrics can certainly match the performance of a 50cc scoot. (The BMW can best my 125cc scoot). I need to be able to reach 45 mph, though I live and work in the Houston city limits during the work week.
-Looks like an e-bicycle is still a better choice for me, so I can ride sidewalks and multi-use paths to avoid crazy automobile drivers.
-As Roscoe said, "they are coming". We just need some new battery technology to make e-scoots affordable for the student and working man.

Old 02-01-2019, 04:51 PM   #4

Bintelli Scooters sells a line of electric bicycles. They also sell electric vehicles. Justin is hedging his bets on what the future will favor.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:54 AM   #5

The Bintelli Fusuion would work for me. Classic minibike styling, but it still looks good for pedaling

Old 02-08-2019, 04:06 PM   #6

Maybe I'm Old Fashioned but to me a motorcycle , scooter , etc.,has a gasoline eng.,& manual transmission. If it's a Trike , it has two wheels in back & one in front. Maybe it's my Drag Racing or my Street Racing background but I've been riding since I was 15 & I'll be 75 this month & that's my outlook. I know that others like different things. I've ridden others but I prefer to remain "old fashioned"! I remember the "good Old Days" when people used to come to me to build or "tune" their "Bikes"Irish
Old 02-09-2019, 04:43 PM   #7

I'm not a fan of electric motorcycles either but anything that keeps people on the road will have to do. The next generation of vehicles will be both electric and autonomous as far as I can see. I probably won't be alive to see it but there it is. I only fear that autonomous cars will be the only way to get around and individual, two wheeled vehicles controlled by human won't be compatible with computer run cars.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.
Old 04-14-2019, 12:35 AM   #8

the only problem i have with electric apart from being too expensive, why do they have to sound so awful? the high-pitched noise annoys me
Old 04-14-2019, 11:29 AM   #9

Electric vehicles in general , are nowhere near ready for everyday use by most people. However, the technology has been improving and if the market has an interest in them, they will continue to evolve. I'm enough of a capitalist to let the market determine where this technology goes from here.

I love tinkering with machines and I dont think an e electric scooter would be as satisfying to work on.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:24 AM   #10

Electric scooters will slowly replace 49cc scooters. 40 mph and 50 mile range would be OK to start, as long as the batteries are removable and easily chargeable at one's desk.

I read an article somewhere, that the Big Four in Japan are cooperating to develop a common removable battery for use in scooters in the cities there. The user would pull it out, just like on a cordless electric lawn mower. There would be stations that would swap them for charged ones for a nominal fee. Or, the user could just have a few, ready to go. The battery packs looked small, about the size of a half-dozen size box of eggs.

^ This is just Phase 2. (Phase 1 was Zero motorcycles, with built-in batteries) Can't wait to see Phase 3.

Word has it that Honda's PCX150 is available in a hybrid version in Japan, and may come to the US soon.

Yeah, they're not about the sound. They're about efficiency, low-emissions and full torque from 1 RPM. If you've never had a ride in a Tesla or Chevy Bolt, you should arrange one. With the electric torque, they're mind-blowingly quick.