Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2015, 06:21 PM   #1

Looking to modify Honda PCX150

I bought my PCX 150 a coupe years ago and I tell you what it has been the best scooter I have ever been on, I drive this thing EVERYWHERE... and I mean everywhere. The problem is as I travel some roads have a higher speed limit and I have a bit of a hard time keeping up and to top it all off our state just raised the limit so now I really can't keep up.

So anyways what I am looking to do are some cheap and or FREE mods to my scoot to make it maybe a bit faster and louder. I have been ran off the road a number of times and hit. I keep getting told that if my bike was louder then the cars would hear me better, and I know that to be true. SO... how can I speed up my scoot?? I can go 60mph very comfortable, tuck and draft and I will get up to 65mph but anything after 65 the scoot bogs out and slows down... riding behind a truck one day I could have pushed 70mph or more but my scoot would bog out, almost like as if there is a limit thats behest by honda and once it reached that speed limit it kills the engine for a quick second... I have some really good tires on her, good gear for riding I just need to speed her up. I have thought about cutting the air box out and then going to the local parts store and matching up a K&N filter and see what that does, if its even possible??? Also I have seen on the internet of people drilling holes in their pipes to make it sound louder and it is much louder... is this the only way to make my scoot he heard? (besides the horn ha ha)

Well I guess that is it for now... unless someone wants to tell me anything more for perforce and mods I can do on my scoot... understand tho that the Honda PCX is a little different then a lot of scoots out there, so don't tell me to do something that worked on one scoot and THINK or HOPE it would work on mine ha ha, this is my baby and I wanna keep her around for a while

Thanks fellow scootdawgs
Top speed 64 mph

Login or Register to Remove Ads