Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #1

Scoot dies at stop light

Hell Dawgs,

Well I haven't had a problem in a very long time but one has finally come up. After this winter season I had to take the carb out of my 50cc Peace scooter and clean it up in order to get it running. I also adjusted the valves last week to .003 intake and .oo4 exhaust which is the settings I've kept for 4 years. I've had the same gas in there since last season and put Sta-Bil in to hopefully keep the gas fresh. Well I got the scoot running, but when I get to a stop light on the street the bike shuts off or the rpms drop really low to where I have to give it throttle in order for it to not shut off at the stop light. It then goes back to the normal idle. I've never had to mess with the air/fuel mixture screw (it has the brass cap over it so I'd have to break it off) even though I've had the bike for 4 years here in Wisconsin, so I don't want to touch it unless it's necessary. I guess I'm wondering if this is a carb problem, engine problem, or a bad gas problem? I'm gonna drain the gas out tomorrow and clean the carb again, then put in fresh gas. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Kenwood Marine Radio With Remote Control
Mikuni Fuel Pump

Login or Register to Remove Ads