Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > The Dawg Pound

Old 02-20-2013, 03:00 AM   #1

The path i have chosen

Hi
"Warrior Philosophy"

Throughout history there have been many philosophies developed to regulate the behaviour of those within society deemed warriors. The more well known of these philosophies are the codes of Chivalry from Europe and Bushido from Japan. Many have been influenced by the social mores of the culture in which these warriors lived. Through most, though, run a common core of attributes that define how a warrior is expected to live his/her life.

The Way of the Modern Warrior follows these attributes :

COURAGE __ The warrior faces his or her fears. There are many things we are afraid of; fear of failure, fear of looking a fool, fear of getting hurt. Well, that is natural- but, the warrior has to learn to acknowledge that he/she is feeling fear because that is all it is, a feeling. Recognise where the feeling is coming from and why and then it is possible to overcome the fear. We can then face the challenges of life and do those things we would wish to.

HONESTY __ The warrior is honest in all he/she does. Honest with others and, most importantly, honest with his/herself. In dealing with others always do so in the spirit of truth - the idea of things as they truly are- as there is no value in fooling others (yes, the little white lie is still acceptable in the right circumstances, which leads us to the next attribute).

COMPASSION __ The warrior has an open heart. He/she helps others at every opportunity. The warrior considers the idea of hurting others needlessly abominable.

COURTESY __ The warrior has respect for others. In his/her dealings with people the warrior exhibits politeness and regard for others. This applies to all the warrior comes in contact with; whether friend, enemy or stranger.

SINCERITY __ The warrior is sincere in all he/she does and says. He/she will endeavour to keep any promise given. Any act that the warrior says he/she will do, will be done. Speaking and doing are the same action.

LOYALTY __ The warrior is intensely loyal to those in his/her care. The warrior remains true to those that depend on him/her. The only exceptions being those that would cause the warrior to give up the next, and last, attribute.

HONOUR __ The warrior is always conscious of his/her honour. How a warrior behaves is a reflection of who he/she is. The other attributes are the actions that allow the warrior to have honour, it is the state that defines the warrior. No warrior would allow his/herself to be involved in anything that would bring dishonour on his/herself.
Take care and ride safely dearest friends
Yours Hank

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-20-2013, 03:11 AM   #2

Thank you, Hank. Great read.

I needed that tonight.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #3

I guess the solider that had a child in his crosshairs, the other day, did not read this.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapeto View Post
I guess the solider that had a child in his crosshairs, the other day, did not read this.
" Anger is the wind that blows out the light of the mind!" I would suggest finding out ALL of the facts , before jumping to conclusions! It's also easier on the legs! It saves all of that jumping! There is also such a thing as a"Suicide Bomber" Irish
Old 08-28-2015, 09:42 PM   #5

You answer a 2 year old thread, and I'm jumping to conclusions??
What a whack job.

Old 08-29-2015, 12:36 PM   #6

In V.N. , if you offered anything to a kid , he'd probably blow you up! Irish
P.S. Settle down-this is only a forum!
P.P.S. Two years ago , I was in N.H. & had never heard of this site! I had a business to run & the computer was only used to check E-mails!

Last edited by Irish; 08-30-2015 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Addition!