Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 07-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboy5000 View Post
Young kids in "tuner" cars (ie any POS Honda) are terrible, pushing me off the road, throwing sodas, shouting insults ect. But I do think that's just how that crowd acts, I don't think they reserve such behavior for scooters and their riders.
I had that happen to me the other night. I ride a Kymco Xciting 500 and some young punks pulled up next to me at a light. Started disparaging the ride and being dicks (trying to impress the young ladies in back for sure).

The light goes green.

BYE!!!!

Next light there is a kid in the car. Now what I didn't tell them and hoped they did know was the police like to hang out up the road a bit. I turn the throttle, he reeves the engine.

The light goes green......

I just along letting him race down the road. Yes sir! The police were there and watching.

I love it when something actually works out for a change.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndguy View Post
I had that happen to me the other night. I ride a Kymco Xciting 500 and some young punks pulled up next to me at a light. Started disparaging the ride and being dicks (trying to impress the young ladies in back for sure).

The light goes green.

BYE!!!!

Next light there is a kid in the car. Now what I didn't tell them and hoped they did know was the police like to hang out up the road a bit. I turn the throttle, he reeves the engine.

I just along letting him race down the road. Yes sir! The police were there and watching.

God I love stories like that!

~SM
Old 07-05-2015, 12:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndguy View Post

The light goes green.

BYE!!!!

The police in Tampa probably know the cycling laws! Here in W.Melbourne , I asked a policeman about laws pertaining to helmets , eye protection , exhaust noise ,etc. The answer to all questions was-I don't know. I'll have to check at the station. I was only asking because I'm not from Florida & wanted to check. For anyone interested-I found a site on the web that has Florida Bike Laws. Irish

Login or Register to Remove Ads